Incredbile worth swapping from D1?

rweddy1

Reaction score
I have been using a rooted D1 since November last year, currently running Cyano, w/over clocked kernel. I runs great, but looking for a bit more??

All newer devices coming out or coming Q1, are either locked,encrypted or IMO not a game changing upgrade.

How much faster is the DINC than my D1 running @ 800Ghz ?
I can get a DINC off craigs for $250 range, wondering if this will tide me over a bit until maybe Q2 ?? or whenever there is next big device.

Thoughts, comments??

Cheers

-R

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife has a Dinc and I wouldn't take it over my Original Droid - but that is just me - if I were you I would just wait it out possibly for the Moto Etna or the HDinc

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you have the opinion that the new devices are locked down. If that's so how did my D2 get rooted, over clocked, and get a super user?

droidor

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1 rooted and over clocked 1100 ghz and my stock dinc trumps my Droid 1.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
R

rweddy1

Reaction score
Interesting that you have the opinion that the new devices are locked down. If that's so how did my D2 get rooted, over clocked, and get a super user?

Sorry should have been big more specific on this. Rooted (super user), over clocked, etc. is not the same as open and the ability to load up custom Kernel, Roms, delete bloat ware (Moto Blurr crap) etc.

I want open vanilla android and a device that allows me to do what I want to it. Even the new Moto Enta/Olympus has moto blurr and locked boot loader on it.

OP
R

rweddy1

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1 rooted and over clocked 1100 ghz and my stock dinc trumps my Droid 1.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Thanks for the input, on this.
Have you tired to run cyanogen on both of these? Is the dinc faster with that? What is the best kernel for the dinc?

natty_lite

Reaction score

Sorry should have been big more specific on this. Rooted (super user), over clocked, etc. is not the same as open and the ability to load up custom Kernel, Roms, delete bloat ware (Moto Blurr crap) etc.

I want open vanilla android and a device that allows me to do what I want to it. Even the new Moto Enta/Olympus has moto blurr and locked boot loader on it.
It is the same. With superuser access comes the power to load a different rom or remove pre installed software(bloatware) if you wish.