In need of help with getting to .05...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I see Jrummy has finally released a Liberty GB based off the official GB so I'm ready to go ahead and get to .05.

Problem is, I see way too many suggestions, methods, links, etc. So I need someone, who has experience, to show me what I've got to do here.

I'm On the Froyo side still. Running Liberty 2.0.1 with Epic Blue N Bold theme. I have not gone to the Gingerbread side at all yet.

Also, I need some clarification as what is going on with backed up apps + data using Titanium. I've read some issues with that. The only thing I care to do is back up my apps + data, then SBF back to stock Froyo, then make a back up of the stock Froyo, just in case something goes wrong. Then go to Liberty GB .05.

I've noticed some people mentioning stuff like "you have to be on .59(#?) to flash to this or that." What's up with that? Is it not ok to just flash a rooted GB and then go to the Toolbox and flash .05?

Also forgot to mention.... what is a preferred link to get the rooted GB that most people are using?

Last edited:

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I have also heard of problems with using titanium backup to restore app data not the apps themselves. When I flash I just let google do all the restoring for me. Granted I lose all my app data but there isn't really anything I can't live without losing and starting over.

For your other questions what I did to get where I am now is ...stock,gummy,liberty,restored stock froyo, installed gb deodexed prerooted leak, zombiestomped1>1.1blah blah 1.71, installed liberty nightlies .5 all just clearing cache and data in between.
Sorry if this doesn't help but to make a long story short just make backups at different points, always clear data/cache, and def know how to use spf.

Edit: the best place to find the gb leak would be on mydroidworld forums, or if you paid for the official tbh app that used to be in the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah, you saw my post in the other thread a few minutes ago. I'm pretty much applying the same kind of thing as I would do for flashing a ROM. All I've got to do, as mentioned on the mydroidworld, is flash the leaked GB. Simple. I always clear the cache when it is needed. Only reason I had to make this thread is too many post about way too many methods and I certainly don't want to follow someone's method and have it mess my phone up. I kind of summed it all up and just do the critical stuff first, worry about the smaller stuff later.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like I ran into a white screen and there is a blue triangle on the notification bar. I read about this somewhere. Not sure what is going on with this now.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
What part of the process were you at when you got to that screen? Firmware,rom?

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I had just finished flashing the leaked GB from TBH. Rebooted the phone. Took me to the lockscreen, unlocked it, and the Data Roaming stuff came on. I clicked No on enabling that. Closed out of the notification bar. It was just all white screen. Couldn't get to anything.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Have you tried going into stock recovery and wiping cache and doing another factory reset. I have heard that doing that multiple times helps a lot when going to GB.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yep, just did that for a second time and it's doing what it is suppose to do. Now I can move onto the last step, which is flashing .05.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yep. The switchover was a success. I'm now running the leaked GB with Liberty GB v.05.

Thanks for hanging in there with me DroidMakesPwn.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
How did you get some of the apps back? It says that most of my apps are installed but nowhere to be found. The Open button, through the Market, is grayed out too. Tried to get Titanium back but there's no open button or app in the drawer for it.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I never had that problem. Try clearing cache and data for the market app in the manage apps menu.

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I tried clearing data and cache, through settings>application management. It didn't do anything. Most of the apps say it is installed but I don't see them anywhere. Some apps, about 20 of them did get synced back onto this phone but the rest, over 100 are still missing even though it says it is installed in the Market. Not sure what to do now. I looked for a couple posts that mentioned this problem but can't find them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums