In need of help with getting to .05...

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D2' started by TheSwaggeR, May 26, 2011.

1. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I see Jrummy has finally released a Liberty GB based off the official GB so I'm ready to go ahead and get to .05.

Problem is, I see way too many suggestions, methods, links, etc. So I need someone, who has experience, to show me what I've got to do here.

I'm On the Froyo side still. Running Liberty 2.0.1 with Epic Blue N Bold theme. I have not gone to the Gingerbread side at all yet.

Also, I need some clarification as what is going on with backed up apps + data using Titanium. I've read some issues with that. The only thing I care to do is back up my apps + data, then SBF back to stock Froyo, then make a back up of the stock Froyo, just in case something goes wrong. Then go to Liberty GB .05.

I've noticed some people mentioning stuff like "you have to be on .59(#?) to flash to this or that." What's up with that? Is it not ok to just flash a rooted GB and then go to the Toolbox and flash .05?

Also forgot to mention.... what is a preferred link to get the rooted GB that most people are using?
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. reyrey2435

reyrey2435 New Member

I'm with you on the titanium backup issue!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  3. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

I have also heard of problems with using titanium backup to restore app data not the apps themselves. When I flash I just let google do all the restoring for me. Granted I lose all my app data but there isn't really anything I can't live without losing and starting over.

For your other questions what I did to get where I am now is ...stock,gummy,liberty,restored stock froyo, installed gb deodexed prerooted leak, zombiestomped1>1.1blah blah 1.71, installed liberty nightlies .5 all just clearing cache and data in between.
    Sorry if this doesn't help but to make a long story short just make backups at different points, always clear data/cache, and def know how to use spf.

Edit: the best place to find the gb leak would be on mydroidworld forums, or if you paid for the official tbh app that used to be in the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Yeah, you saw my post in the other thread a few minutes ago. I'm pretty much applying the same kind of thing as I would do for flashing a ROM. All I've got to do, as mentioned on the mydroidworld, is flash the leaked GB. Simple. I always clear the cache when it is needed. Only reason I had to make this thread is too many post about way too many methods and I certainly don't want to follow someone's method and have it mess my phone up. I kind of summed it all up and just do the critical stuff first, worry about the smaller stuff later.
  5. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Hmmm, looks like I ran into a white screen and there is a blue triangle on the notification bar. I read about this somewhere. Not sure what is going on with this now.
  6. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

What part of the process were you at when you got to that screen? Firmware,rom?
  7. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I had just finished flashing the leaked GB from TBH. Rebooted the phone. Took me to the lockscreen, unlocked it, and the Data Roaming stuff came on. I clicked No on enabling that. Closed out of the notification bar. It was just all white screen. Couldn't get to anything.
  8. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

Have you tried going into stock recovery and wiping cache and doing another factory reset. I have heard that doing that multiple times helps a lot when going to GB.
  9. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Yep, just did that for a second time and it's doing what it is suppose to do. Now I can move onto the last step, which is flashing .05.
  10. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

Good to hear should be easy from here on out.
  11. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Yep. The switchover was a success. I'm now running the leaked GB with Liberty GB v.05.

Thanks for hanging in there with me DroidMakesPwn.
  12. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

No problem, glad I could help.
  13. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

How did you get some of the apps back? It says that most of my apps are installed but nowhere to be found. The Open button, through the Market, is grayed out too. Tried to get Titanium back but there's no open button or app in the drawer for it.
  14. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

I never had that problem. Try clearing cache and data for the market app in the manage apps menu.
  15. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I tried clearing data and cache, through settings>application management. It didn't do anything. Most of the apps say it is installed but I don't see them anywhere. Some apps, about 20 of them did get synced back onto this phone but the rest, over 100 are still missing even though it says it is installed in the Market. Not sure what to do now. I looked for a couple posts that mentioned this problem but can't find them.

16. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn New Member

17. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

No. I used Titanium to back up all apps and data when I was on Liberty Froyo 2.0.1. Then began the procedure of the rest of the steps to get to the leaked GB and run Liberty GB.

18. PTREE818

PTREE818 New Member

Titanium

Yes Hello Swagger if I'm understanding ur prob right all u should have to do is go into market dwnld Titanium... Step 2..Now hit search button on market and search Titanium, this should bring up the one u dwnlded plus the rooted counterpart, click it and dwnld, Titanium will then show up in ur app drawer. AS for 0 .5 ,no luck ,major lag and freezing, wiped and repeated same result.Wiped agn then went Nandroid back to TBH Rooted
    GB Leak. Going to try agn. Keep u all posted!
    Ptree:greendroid:
  19. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Ok. I didn't realize Titanium needed the other part to function. Got it to work and restored all apps and data. Unfortunately, restoring data screwed up some stuff. So I've got to SBF back to stock, let the Market restore all apps, since a few were still missing. Like the paid Launcher Pro. I paid for it but the Market said I need to purchase it. So once on stock Froyo, ill make sure all apps get restored via Market, get rid of all themed apps and update any apps needing to be updated. Then back up with Titanium. Then redo flashing the leaked GB and then Liberty GB.

Also, why isn't my account syncing after I flash? I used to have Facebook, photobucket, google, picasa, email, etc. Now I only see corporate, google, and one other thing and google wont sync right with .05. Isn't this imperative to get google to sync so the Market can restore all apps, including proof of all purchased apps?

Sent from a different galaxy in space...
  20. PTREE818

PTREE818 New Member

Liberated R2-D2 Gingerdroid

Yes Hello ,glad it worked! I finally after flashing for 6 hrs got it to work flawlesslydancedroid Here's what I did Note I used a Veriz Moto R2-D2 so please no hate mail if it doesn't work the same for x or global. Step 1 . Rsd lite back to Froyo. Find Z4 Root zip file and dwnld to SD card, while ur there go ahd and put TBH's Rooted Ginger Zip. on there too How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog . K now unzip Z4 Root and run app , make sure u r in Airplane mode and select perma root when it gives u option. Next grab Lib Toolbox donate and dwnld GB v 0.5 and clendar if u need it too. Now dwnld Bootstrap and boot into Clockwork, wipeall then flash monster zip.Reboot. Run Lib Toolbox or Titanium now for backup. and boot back into Clockwork.Note : every time i wiped then installed GB Night after reboot phone started freezing ,black screening ,and slow..This time I threw Gb Night right on top of TBH GB Root Leak and rebooted . Dwnlded toolbox then Tit ; Another note i did not dwld overclock this time either do to hearing Jrummy say som bout new overclock , so fig i wait in case it was f'n up my Droid.Anyways it is running 101 % Liberated R2-D2 Gingerdroid.dancedroid