In Case of Emergency

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You ever seen that at the top of your contact list? Well, I don't go into contact that often, I usually use the Voice Search on the phone to make calls.

But I was looking at contacts the other day and I saw the emergency contacts. I pressed it and it had my wife's name in it and her phone number. Now to the best of my knowledge I didn't put it in there, but it's true that 99% of my calls go to my wife.

Can Droid be that smart?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope....mine is empty :(

Well, I can't say I'm 100% sure I didn't put it in there. Just that I don't recall ever doing that. Like I said I don't get into contacts much.

I had a D1 prior to this but I just checked and the D1 doesn't have a in case of emergency. So I don't know. I'd like to think it figured it out on it's own but that would be a bit unrealistic.

lizard

Reaction score
Mine is empty. Owned since 10/10. Frequently use contacts from the dialer, unless I'm adding one.

BrianT392

Reaction score
Mine is currently empty. Did you maybe put the number on a another and some how it got restored to your droid?

silver6054

Reaction score
I guess first responders like you to have it filled it (so when they pry your droid from your dead hand etc... they can call someone to ask for someone to identify your body. Nasty but necessary!)
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

felixthecat1

Reaction score
Nope....mine is empty :(

Well, I can't say I'm 100% sure I didn't put it in there. Just that I don't recall ever doing that. Like I said I don't get into contacts much.

I had a D1 prior to this but I just checked and the D1 doesn't have a in case of emergency. So I don't know. I'd like to think it figured it out on it's own but that would be a bit unrealistic.

I added a few people to my ICE contacts my self... one thing it doesn't sound like you've considered, is perhaps your wife manually entered it when you weren't looking? lol. Wives can be worse than "big brother" sometimes...