ICE numbers (in case of emergency)

buddy

Reaction score
Does the Droid not have ICE numbers? On my old phone you could assign up to 3 contacts as ICE contacts.

If something happened to you, say a wreck, an Emergency worker would know to hit "Contacts" on your phone and the 3 contacts you assigned as ICE would be highlighted in red and be the first 3 listed.

If it has this...can't seem to find it.

n0cturne74

Reaction score
Does the Droid not have ICE numbers? On my old phone you could assign up to 3 contacts as ICE contacts.

If something happened to you, say a wreck, an Emergency worker would know to hit "Contacts" on your phone and the 3 contacts you assigned as ICE would be highlighted in red and be the first 3 listed.

If it has this...can't seem to find it.

I don't recall this being an option on any of my past cell phones. What phone/provider did you have previously?

n0cturne74

Reaction score
Furthermore, I would think that the emergency contacts required on most health insurance plans would be the first thing looked at for contacting someone.

OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
Ice

My phone, before I bought the Droid was an LG Voyager and has this capability.

I've also seen it on other phones, my mom is a razor...maybe but don't hold me to it.

OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
Ice

If I was in a car accident, knocked out...they might want to call your mom, significant other, etc.

Or is I was knocked out and mugged, with no I.D. , they could call someone in my ICE contacts.

The main reason I liked this feature is also because you could input "notes" with your ICE list. Say...meds you were on, medical conditions etc that might assist emergency personnel.

OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
Lol

Good God...look at all my typos in my previous posts! :icon_eek:

DroidFan

Reaction score
There's a downloadable app on Android market.there's a nominal fee, but its a decent app.

OP
B

buddy

Reaction score
Ice

Do you happen to remember the name of said APP?

ice456789

Reaction score
It's pretty simple guys. Create a contact called Ice, and add as many numbers as you want.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, because my last name is Ice.

Monstrosity

Reaction score
It's pretty simple guys. Create a contact called Ice, and add as many numbers as you want.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, because my last name is Ice.
Thsi doesn't work I wouldnt think.

The point of ICE numbers it it to be displayed even on your lock screen, so if your phone is password protected before you can use it at all, it will still show the ICE numbers and let you call them without having to know the password to look at contacts or whatever

DroidFan

Reaction score
The paid version DOES work on the lock screen. Its called ICE. I just looked it up. Its $2.99.

marsha12151

Reaction score
I am using "Medic" - more than numbers, provides places for meds, illness, etc. The icon makes it very clear this is the one to select. Yes, you have to get to the home screen but my phone is not password protected so you just have to get to the main screen. Just look around for a 5 year old, they will be able to do it.

This app is in the Market.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I am using "Medic" - more than numbers, provides places for meds, illness, etc. The icon makes it very clear this is the one to select. Yes, you have to get to the home screen but my phone is not password protected so you just have to get to the main screen. Just look around for a 5 year old, they will be able to do it.

This app is in the Market.

Love to check out all options... :)

The only problem with this is that many of us do lock down our phones in case it gets lost/stolen. I have a lot of client information that I can't afford to have others see on it, so the lock feature is extremely important to me; however, I want someone to have the ability to contact loved ones ICE and there's no reason that they need to have access to my entire database.

kcook323

Reaction score
I also came from the Voyager and I was wondering the same thing. I actually added ICE to my husband's contact name for now. Thanks for starting this topic. If you try one, let me know what you find works best.