IMPORTANT INFO!!! Do NOT download the Tweetdeck that is in market now!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just a heads up..

Someone by the name of "HackedAccount" is selling an app named "TweetDeck" in the market for $1.00. This is not the official TweetDeck App.

kirra27

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. For what it's worth I reported it to the market. Hopefully it will be removed very soon.

alitke

Reaction score
Well it and many others will make it to the market as it is open. If you want the safety and security of knowing that the market is locked down and only open to certain dev's head to the iPhone my man.

nerdkill

Reaction score
they've really got to get some sort of handle on this. i feel like people that have an interest in giving android bad press, accumulate information, and make a quick buck are going to start doing this more and more. there has to be a reasonable middle ground in between fascism and anarchy.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If there is a method for 24/7 coverage so if an app gets reported it gets suspended asap while it is investigated legitimate developers would welcome that I'd think. Likewise if you someone was already established as a reputable developer in the market you'd be flagged for investigation but not have your app suspended immediately.

Google has some smart folks there, they'll figure this out. I would have liked a faster response than 4 hours but we are all so used to instant gratification that perhaps 4 hours was a reasonable time period.

I also hope the full power of Google's search capabilities comes down on this punk that stole someone's app and tried to market it as their own.

Even better would be a clause existed in the contract to be part of the market, that if they did swipe someone else's work that they would forfeit all net access for a year. Imagine the sort of "ping of death" Google could send your way :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love how their name is "HackedAccount" i mean thats as bad as being a killer and making your gmail IMurder@....

Reaction score
Wow! Soon we will ne an app that auto messages people what apps we all need to report to get them removed right away. :p

aldaudio

Reaction score
here's a simple fix, don't allow multiple apps with the same name!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
here's a simple fix, don't allow multiple apps with the same name!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

There was no other apps in the market with that name. And I dont think you can put an app in the market with the same name as another.