I'm the new kid!

Junib

Reaction score
Hello, my name is June and I just registered in hopes that someone will be able to figure out my problem!!!! I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and the lock screen has completely disappeared. When I go to settings, Security, it shows I have slide. I tried changing it to facial recognition but still did not work. I returned the last phone to T-Mobile and they sent me a new one but the problem still exists.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Don't have an SGS2, but maybe I can help. You might have to download a lockscreen replacement app to use for the time being until you can get things straightened out. Or, you can clear data that is used by the stock lockscreen app and see if that helps. If it doesn't, you could try a factory reset, but only as a last resort. If you want, before trying a factory reset or any advice I've just given, wait for other more knowledgable people to post what they suggest.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Oh! And welcome to the forums!!!

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Were you able to get your issue resolved?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums June!! I hope you are able to get it figured out quick!! :biggrin:

OP
J

Junib

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am now on my 4th replacement phone. Wouldn't this be the same as factory reset?
I found an application that gives me a lock screen but there is no personalization. At least it works I guess....
I even updated to ICS....good system but made my Words with Friends unstable. Uninstalled/reinstalled 3x, no change...
Any thoughts?
You guys rock!

redstar427

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am now on my 4th replacement phone. Wouldn't this be the same as factory reset?
I found an application that gives me a lock screen but there is no personalization. At least it works I guess....
I even updated to ICS....good system but made my Words with Friends unstable. Uninstalled/reinstalled 3x, no change...
Any thoughts?
You guys rock!

I loaned out my sgs2 to a friend, but installed Words with Friends on my Galaxy Nexus, that has ICS, and the ICSourcery custom rom.
The game seems stable and plays fine.
Perhaps another person will have an idea on how to help.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you got this resolved. DancingNexus

OP
J

Junib

Reaction score
Galaxy S11 Aggravation

I finally contacted Samsung and this was their response:

Dear June Barbosa,
Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

The issues you are experiencing are being caused by a software glitch on the handset. A hard reset will be the only way to solve these issues.

There are two ways to back-up your handset, the first way is to a computer and the second is to a SIM and SD card.

To back-up the handset to a computer you will need to use a program called Samsung Kies. I have provided the download link below and a video tutorial showing you a step by step guide on backing-up the handset.

If you have already installed an earlier version of Kies that will need to be uninstalled first. Once you have uninstalled the previous version, restart the PC and install the current version of Samsung Kies.

Samsung Kies download:
Ver 2.1.0
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c.../20110512115717796/Kies_2.1.0.11095_121_6.exe

Ver 2.0
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c.../20110512115717796/Kies_2.0.3.11082_152_4.exe

Below is a tutorial for Samsung Kies 2. This demonstrates how to use some of the features of Kies 2.0 including how to update the firmware for the handset.

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/usefulsoftware/KIESTUTORIAL/JSP

You are also able to back-up Contacts to your SIM card and you are also able to back-up Photos, Music and Videos to your SD card.

To back up your contacts to your SIM card, please follow the below steps.
Contacts -> press the Menu key -> Import/Export -> Export to SIM card -> Select all -> Export -> Ok

To back up Photos and Videos that you have taken from your camera to your SD card, please follow the below steps.
Applications -> My Files -> DCIM -> Tap and hold on the Camera folder -> Copy -> Tap on external_sd folder -> Paste here

To back-up Music to your SD card, please follow the below steps.
Applications -> My Files -> DCIM -> Tap and hold on the Music folder -> Copy -> Tap on external_sd folder -> Paste here

Once you have backed-up any important data on your handset you will be able to perform the hard reset. To perform the hard reset you will need to enter the following code into the Dial/Key pad of your handset.

Hard reset code: *2767*3855#

If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Samsung Customer Care on 1300 362 603.
Thank you for contacting Samsung.

Kind regards,
Helen
Samsung Customer Care
Mobile Phones | Televisions | Notebooks | Refrigeration - SAMSUNG AU

So the reset was done....I now have a lock screen...but it still gets hot, drops calls and freezes. I will NEVER buy another Samsung!

JuniB