I'm sure this is a stupid question, but...

michaelv221

Reaction score
My puppy chewed through the usb cord of my wall charger. I was just wondering if it was a certain type of usb cord I needed to buy to replace it. I know that it's a "rapid charger" or whatever, and was unsure if that meant I needed a special kind of usb cord. Thanks in advance, and many apologies for my lack of technical know-how.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Any cord will work....

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just go to a Verizon store and they will tell you and most likely sell you one there...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
any "micro usb" cord will work, it's the charger itself that can be problematic, but it sounds like only your cord is messed up. i got a 6ft one at radio shack

OP
M

michaelv221

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I ended up checking Walmart, Best Buy, and HH Gregg with no luck. Finally ended up at Radio Shack where they were able to help me out.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
The monoprice.com link above would have been a better bet, their 6 foot gold plated with ferrite core micro usb cable costs less than you spent in gas to get to radio shack ($1.40), of course you would have had to wait a couple days to get it. The other advantage is you could have bought a few of them just in case the dog does it again, and maybe throw in a 1000ma usb cigarette lighter adapter for car charging (another $1.50), maybe some home theater cables, HDMI, etc, and still would have spent less than you spent for the Radio Shack cable.

OP
M

michaelv221

Reaction score
Yeah...I'm not too good at being frugal. I had 5% battery life and all I could think about was playing more home run battle 3d, haha

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
My puppy chewed through the usb cord of my wall charger. I was just wondering if it was a certain type of usb cord I needed to buy to replace it. I know that it's a "rapid charger" or whatever, and was unsure if that meant I needed a special kind of usb cord. Thanks in advance, and many apologies for my lack of technical know-how.

Now that you have a new cord, wipe it with quinine. Or pick up the equivalent at a pet store. Your puppy won't find it so appealing. And while you're at it, do the same with other cords going into your outlets. Puppies can electrocute themselves chewing on electrical cords.