Im New to RAZR

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
There is a soak test going around but i wouldn't recommend participating in it. Drawbacks are its not the best screen out there but it still looks good. Rapes battery's. And lots of bloat ware. Like any phone. I'd highly recommend rooting it. Getting titanium back up and freezing bloat ware. Along with rooting you can get cool useful apps along with apps tgat help manage your battery life. And freezing bloat ware will also help.there are no custom roms for it yet:( if you plan on using hot spot rooting will allow you to do it for free. With some mods to the reg. The phones battery is really a draw back at first butnyou eventually learn to manage it nicely. The keyboard is awesome :D better then swift keys. Personal opinion. I keep my 4g off most of the day and use wifi whenever its available. Along with freezing bloatware and CPU tuner. My battery last from 12 to 15 hours. And no live wallpapers. And dont use motocast. I'd recomemnd Google music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I guess everyone has a right to express their opinion, but I totally disagree with most of what's contained in this post. The Soak Test was a success. Just about everyone that participated in it reported that the 3g/4g and WiFi data connection loss was greatly improved and in most cases eliminated (there were a couple of exceptions). Don't worry about trying to join the test...it's over. You can root your phone if you like to tinker with settings etc but there is little else you can do at this point...there are no ROMs to use at this point. One of the draw backs to root, if you don't really understand the "in and outs" is you could put yourself in a position that when an OTA comes or when Ice Cream Sandwich comes you won't be able to install the update or Ice Cream Sandwich because you've rooted your phone and did something that won't allow your phone to take the update/upgrade. There's plenty of evidence of that on this forum and else where...people rooted, moved, renamed or deleted files and now they can't get an update. Root is fine for those who understand what they are doing and when something doesn't go right know how to recover...remember... locked bootloader and there is no sbf for the Razr so beware. Yes, if you don't manage your battery it won't last long...but that is true of any of the newer 4g smartphones no matter who makes them...you can read about that in other forums also. I am a moderate user and have no problem using my phone for 16-18 hours a day and having 55-60 percent battery left when I turn it off to recharge at night (without a Smart Action). Using 3g instead of 4g and WiFi when available are...good battery management techniques. Bottom line...it's you're personal preference which phone is right for you and what you do with/to it. In my opinion, the Razr is one, if not the best, smartphone on the market.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I guess everyone has a right to express their opinion, but I totally disagree with most of what's contained in this post. The Soak Test was a success. Just about everyone that participated in it reported that the 3g/4g and WiFi data connection loss was greatly improved and in most cases eliminated (there were a couple of exceptions). Don't worry about trying to join the test...it's over. You can root your phone if you like to tinker with settings etc but there is little else you can do at this point...there are no ROMs to use at this point. One of the draw backs to root, if you don't really understand the "in and outs" is you could put yourself in a position that when an OTA comes or when Ice Cream Sandwich comes you won't be able to install the update or Ice Cream Sandwich because you've rooted your phone and did something that won't allow your phone to take the update/upgrade. There's plenty of evidence of that on this forum and else where...people rooted, moved, renamed or deleted files and now they can't get an update. Root is fine for those who understand what they are doing and when something doesn't go right know how to recover...remember... locked bootloader and there is no sbf for the Razr so beware. Yes, if you don't manage your battery it won't last long...but that is true of any of the newer 4g smartphones no matter who makes them...you can read about that in other forums also. I am a moderate user and have no problem using my phone for 16-18 hours a day and having 55-60 percent battery left when I turn it off to recharge at night (without a Smart Action). Using 3g instead of 4g and WiFi when available are...good battery management techniques. Bottom line...it's you're personal preference which phone is right for you and what you do with/to it. In my opinion, the Razr is one, if not the best, smartphone on the market.

I never said the soak test was unsuccessful...

And they got clock work mod working now so you can back your stuff up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums