smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have both & like both...I think it becomes personal preference on screen style, battery (with or without removable), and what you want to do with it...

~the machine is nothing without the woman~

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think with all the problems the bionic "had", alot of people left it for a different phone. I'm on the 901 accidental update and my bionic is great now. It's what it should have been from day 1. I will keep the bionic because I like it now and because I can't get an upgrade for at least 18 months. I just hope it gets some more interest from the devs now that all the issues seem to be getting resolved. I can't comment on the razr since I've never touched one but I have read on here that it is a great phone. To the previous poster, yes, I would imagine the nexus is a great phone as well. I never touched one of those either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
RAZR is a mild upgrade over the Bionic hardware wise. It's clocked higher but it's the same processor. I'm not sure if the dev community has managed to overclock the Bionic yet or not.

The Bionic is priced better and is probably a greater value as neither of these phones are bad.

Stylistically the RAZR is arguably nicer to look at and hold unless your hands are exceptionally large then the lack of depth will make the wideness feel strange.

Accessories for the RAZR are better and cheaper from what I've read. This could be because Motorola and Verizon are obviously favoring the RAZR over the Bionic.

I'd say the RAZR is better but you really can't go bad with either or the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Cinoib

Reaction score
The screen on my bionic is brighter then the screen on the Razr. However the screen on the razr has a blue green hue that I don't care for. Luke amy phone, I suppose i'd get used to it. The race is so thin and has the camera hump. That combination has caused a cracked screen way higher then usual.

The Nexus has a beautiful screen but feels cheap. And it's a pen tile screen. I can't believe Sammy didn't put a Super Amoled Plus screen on their flagship phone.

So at the end of the day, i'll keep my bionic.

The OTA to 5.5.893 has vastly improved my Bionic. Now if Verizon could become "Americas most dependable network..."

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Another vote for the Razr of course, kind of what you expect when you post the question in the Razr forum. I have never owned the Bionic but there was something about it I didn't like when it came out. The Razr has been an amazing phone and wouldn't trade it for anything.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It also depends on what YOU want out of a phone. What do you plan to do with it? No matter what you pick, a better one will come out.

If power is a concern, the Razr has a non-removable battery, while the Bionic and (I presume) the Nexus has extended batteries.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Bionic or razr which is better?

Bionic. Cheaper 149.99. Same hardware as nex and rzr. Screen is way better in sunlight. 32gb. No touch screen problems. No oversaturated colors and blue tint. Removable sd card and batt. Couple good roms. Overclocking is coming along. And its getting ics. No brainer imho. But deff go try em all at the store. All good phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I own both and love them fOr different reasons but... I prefer my Razr over my bionic! The screen is better as qhd super amoled adv... The battery is replicable though not as easily...and the set up its more well thought out... Better camera hardware on three Razr is a plus as well.
The internal water resistant nano coating ford those of us that work out side is a definate peace off mind giver.
With the stiffness of the phone, there is little chance of a flex break/crack issue... Especially with its internal aluminum frame work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
...The Nexus has a beautiful screen but feels cheap. And it's a pen tile screen. I can't believe Sammy didn't put a Super Amoled Plus screen on their flagship phone...

Samsung Galaxy Nexus screen specs ...

TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size720 x 1280 pixels, 4.65 inches (~316 ppi pixel density)
MultitouchYes
ProtectionOleophobic coating

DISPLAY