I'm Guilty / Help?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to admit that I'm guilty of texting, while driving. I don't do it occasionally, I do it all the time. After thinking a bit today, I realized that I'm putting my son at risk every single time I drive. I'm lucky that I haven't hurt anyone yet. It's been close a couple of times, but never actually happened. It's even gotten so bad that my son has griped at me for not watching the road. That said, it's an addiction. I'll look at something, regardless of whether it's text, Facebook, or Chrome.

I want help. I know, some people will say, "Just put your phone down," but we all know it's not that easy. It's an addiction, but I want to take care of it.

What application would you suggest for restricting your phone while driving? Obviously, it's a bit deeper than a simple app, but it may even get to the point where I seek counseling, because again, I have an addiction.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can understand wanting to stay up with information. I suggest getting an app that reads out your messages. Unfortunately that may include messages that you may not want verbalized (your boys talking junk).

This is a god thread because a lot of people do this so instead of bashing lets use this to find a solution that will not only help you but others. And I dont think the solutions is completely avoid information. I personally like that a lot of cars come BT in car standard so that if you do have to answer a call you keep eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. I know that talking and driving can be a distraction but so can daydreaming and driving and you would be surprised how many people do that.

Let's see if we can find some nice solutions.

Reactions: cr6