I'll not be buying gas from BP ever again.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I agree SpyKez,

This whole thing has me so angry and disgusted. 11 lives were lost and lets not mention all the wild/marine life that has and will continue to be lost.

This is so wrong on so many fronts that I'm just speechless. It's a tragedy.

There should be a nationwide boycott for BP gas and it should start right here.

Count me in : )

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
I wasn't entirely too disgusted up till someone posted a picture of a dead dolphin on another forum, that pushed me over the edge.

Reaction score
This is so bad I had to call a college professor just to tell me what word to use. He said that this is a "horrendous faux pas". I didn't buy from BP before, but I sure as hell ain't now.

Mojo

Reaction score
Thing that pisses me off the most is... it seams to me that instead of really trying to find a way to stop the leak, they are more concerned with how they can "catch" the oil and pump it up to a tanker. Why do they not send one of those robots down and just crimp the pipe. At the very least its going to slow it down. And you would also think before they decided to drill a mile under the ocean they would have a plan to deal with a disaster like this with proven methods. Rather than to drill and figure it out after words. Its a real crock of **** if ya ask me. And I agree I will not be buying BP gas either.

mach330

Reaction score
i agree..and now the next plan is to plug it by aug? 800K gallons a day? freakin crazy. wtf have they been doing for the past 40 days. i don't trust them. do we really think the next plan to plug it in aug will work? after many many failures? how about we drill close to their country and see how that goes. dayam mofos.

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
And they'll get away with it cause this is no longer the america that was legendary, the government has turned so crooked that they're all in on this, get the oil make the money, that's it. Money.

[video=youtube;7lBQkNgY3bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lBQkNgY3bY[/video]

Last edited:

djrakun

Reaction score
These BP engineers are idiots. The right way to deal with this matter is to build a dike that keeps ocean water out of the Gulf of Mexico and evaporate all the water that is currently in there. Then we'll have a gulf of oil that we can harvest.

Seriously though, i'm no engineer and never worked on an oil rig but i'm pretty sure a large rubber cork and a mandrill to expand it within the pipe would stop any amount of pressure. That's what they do when water mains burst. If not rubber i'm sure there is a stronger polymer that will grip the sides of the pipe inside. Also, cement cures underwater, so i'm pretty sure you could add any pressure resistence you need by pouring a couple thousand tons of cement over it. They are going to harvest their oil with those relief drills anyway, so not sealing the mains is not because of profit, it is because of gross incompetence and failure to accept responsibility.

When a 'normal' company is fined by OSHA for unsafe working environment, or by the EPA for a toxic hazard, they are fined DAILY until it is resolved. Why does BP get away with a meager 'record breaking' 87 million dollar fine? This is just like toyota getting away with their record breaking fine.

worst...tragedy...ever

Last edited by a moderator:

samredman

Reaction score
The fault was not BP's, but Transocean's, who built the blowout preventer, installed it and assured it's safety (whom BP will be suing later), but BP is the one taking the responsibility and working to fix the crisis. BP is working feverishly to solve the problem, but it is obviously a technological problem (too much oil and gas escaping pressure --- the mother of all gushers), which no one has an answer for yet. BP has put together a giant response center, 470 engineers and managers from 70 companies, including ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron and Petrobras, as well as government agencies, working 12-hour shifts around the clock. They have all the experts from all the oil well emergency teams there on location who have had the experience of stopping oil gushers and emergencies (such as Kuwait, which took four months to stop). They have assembled a flotilla of hundreds of ships and other craft to place booms and put out dispersants and vacuum up oil slick and try to ameliorate beach and wetland damage. This is a mammoth effort which honestly is beyond anything ever previously done to attack any oil spill or leak. Who could have anticipated this? The oil industry has had a successful record of a remarkable 14,000 deep wells in the Caribbean for the past 20 years. That's 14,000 with problems all solved as they happen and one that is out of control. Who could have known? Really no one. No one had ever seen enormous pressure like this with this kind of compressed gas (which is the reason the conventional fixes haven't worked). It is really sort of a freak of nature... kind of like unleasing a monster in some science fiction movie, except we have no super hero to fix it with super powers. The pressure is too great for a drilling mud fix (worked on all previous gushers) and the compressed gas when it rises caused sea water to freeze blocking lines. This is a technological nightmare and the lack of a solution isn't because the world's best deep sea oil drilling scientists (assembled by BP) aren't puzzling to find the answer.

So, BP didn't cause it, however they have mounted a herculean effort to solve it. Sometimes technological problems are not solved easily. Getting angry at BP is like getting angry at the cancer research centers around the world for not curing cancer... they are trying hard, but sometimes the answers just aren't there. Currently 20% of the oil consumed in United States comes from deep sea rigs in the Caribbean... so deep sea rigs down there are something we all will have to deal with for a while. There are risks involved which we all share.

It may be that the additional drilling (which is a giant task involving hundreds of people going on now, to be finished by August) may be the only answer. Hopefully that will work and we will be able to thank BP for the amazing job they have done in the face of an irresponsible media whipping the masses into an unwarranted panic.

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Careful with the political posts folks... I don't like this either, but we have rules about getting into politics on these boards..

djrakun

Reaction score
Careful with the political posts folks... I don't like this either, but we have rules about getting into politics on these boards..

Noted, Sam, and thanks for striking it from the record for me. Also SamRedMan, thanks for the counterpoint. It has given me something to think about.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
And they'll get away with it cause this is no longer the america that was legendary, the government has turned so crooked that they're all in on this, get the oil make the money, that's it. Money.

YouTube - BP Oilpocalypse Creates Underwater Nightmare

This is unbelievable I am discussed too... I won't buy from BP either. I feel really bad for all the sea life. Of course for the people who have been killed and injured as well. This is not acceptable. Hope they can stop the leak soon.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fault is with Transocean, BP for oversight failure, and rightfully so that they have taken responsibility. And lastly our own govt, in which oil companies have been in bed too long...

I believe it's time they begin calling it the Transocean/BP oil spill, not the Gulf oil spill. Call it for what it is.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I feel so bad for those in South Louisiana whose livelihoods are being destroyed. I feel even worse for the 11 that died that people have seemed to have already forgotten.

r1nstang

Reaction score
build a giant concrete box without a bottom to it. place that over the leaks. attach a hose to the top of it and have that hose suck all the water out. the box will fill with oil. once its filled it will automatically push itself up the hose or piping and into an oil tanker on the surface