If you were in my shoes

pbickel

Reaction score
I have an upgrade coming on my account Monday and I'm having trouble making the decision on whether to use it and fork over the 200 or not. If I use it I would get either the razr not maxx just original, spectrum, or rezound and then give my mother who is on a tbolt now my bionic. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If u are not having problems with your Bionic and don't mind the no development then keep it. I see the Rezound as the best, because of all the Roms and it seems problem free....but haven't spent time with it. My girl has Razr and she seems to like it. I am never buying a Moto phone again myself. Looking for a used Rezound now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I agree with Stelv. If you're not having issues, I'd hold that upgrade for a few more months, should be some much better stuff coming around the corner.

alucard9114

Reaction score
The way moto is doing business now I am never buying a moto phone again.if I were you I would wait for a Tegra 3 phone.I stuck with a bionic for 2years you can hold out with a bionic for a few more months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
pbickel

pbickel

Reaction score
The way moto is doing business now I am never buying a moto phone again.if I were you I would wait for a Tegra 3 phone.I stuck with a bionic for 2years you can hold out with a bionic for a few more months.

I can see your point on waiting but the bionic hasn't even been out a year how did you have it for two?

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I can see your point on waiting but the bionic hasn't even been out a year how did you have it for two?

I believe he is saying he is stuck with the bionic for 2 yrs, so you can wait a few more months.

alucard9114

Reaction score
Sorry was trying to say Droid.I had my bionic for 2 weeks before I returned it.what moto did with the RAZR was just down right apple.RAZR maxx = iPhone s

alucard9114

Reaction score
If you want a phone right now go with a galaxy nexus there is so much support I am a ROM flashing junkie if you don't like hacking end customizing your phone just get an iPhone.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Keep the bionic or get the maxx. Regular RAZR doesn't have enough battery and is uncomfortable to hold for periods because of its thinness. I was going to get it but loved my bionic and whole lot more. I've had it since week 1with none of the issues.

SEColwell

Reaction score
I switched from the bionic to the maxx and love it....with hands as large as mine the feel of the maxx is much better than the razr but u would go with the razr over the bionic any day.....

Mr. Colwell's Droid Razr MAXX

jhom

Reaction score
I am in a similar situation as the op. I've had an opportunity to update since November. I've opted not to because my bionic works great. I just don't see anything out there that is significantly better than the bionic. If I were interested in a phone to play with ROMs and such then I would probably get a Nexus.

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
I have the Bionic with extended battery and love it, no problems. My wife recently went from the Droid II to the RAZR MAXX and we both like it. If I were up for a new phone, I'd go for the MAXX. Only detractor that I know of is that OLED screens are not as readable in sunlight. Can't do a battery pull, but apparently holding the power and volume for 10 seconds accomplishes the same thing.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if the bionic works i would keep it for a couple more months.. see what in the pipeline. i have 3 lines avail for upgrade this year. so far nothing worth upgrading too.