If you want to try Beats Audio on the Nexus,

Bigsurprise

Reaction score
People you're not getting "better" bass. All beats does is eq the music. It basically raises the low end and lowers the mids. Any eq app will give you the same effect. Any perceived increase in quality is placebo. The whole beats thing is widely known to be nothing more than good marketing. now if you want to just use this because you like the eq that's fine. But don't make the mistake of believing its beats doing anything. It's just a genetic equalizer, nothing more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have to agree with this. It's important to understand that before flashing this.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
People you're not getting "better" bass. All beats does is eq the music. It basically raises the low end and lowers the mids. Any eq app will give you the same effect. Any perceived increase in quality is placebo. The whole beats thing is widely known to be nothing more than good marketing. now if you want to just use this because you like the eq that's fine. But don't make the mistake of believing its beats doing anything. It's just a genetic equalizer, nothing more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said it better. Volume+ had beats since release of nexus.

Reaction score
What's does this have to do with rap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

what does "beats audio by dr dre" have to do with rap? :icon_eek:

it boosts the base to an obnoxious level, and makes most every other type of music sound like crap. it's specifically made for rap/hip hop.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

it boosts the base to an obnoxious level, and makes most every other type of music sound like crap. it's specifically made for rap/hip hop.
It makes music overall sound a bit better.. not just rap. O.O But yes, Dr. Dre was a rapper, now producer.

I have beats. They're good, but mainly for bass. You can find less advertised headphones for less that sound a lot better overall. With Beats, you're mainly buying a brand. But they're not bad, don't get me wrong. But when I go on trips and stuff, I use my Bose or Audio-Techna headphones.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So which file do we download for the galaxy nexus? Does this boost your speaker or just headphones?

GreenAcid

Reaction score
This belongs in the Rom area for Nexus. since it requires you to have a custom Rom.

Jarhezion

Reaction score
The difference I heard was just improvements to the equalizer. I used the galaxy s 2 one.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Which one do you download for the galaxy nexus?????

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

I think your point is valid, but with caveats. If you have the high-end obnoxious noise-cancelling pilot-style headphones, then sure. But for people like myself who prefer earbud headsets, it actually brings the bass to a more normal level to enhance the music experience. I have Beats on my HP laptop and also the Rezound, and it sounds pretty good with my BT earbuds, which are a pretty decent pair. For obvious reasons, most earbuds just can't deliver the right balance of bass at a normal eq setting, so you have to jack-up the low-end to get it to sound right.

Agree with others that you can accomplish the same thing with an app giving you eq settings. I think the annoying thing would be savings and remembering the settings, at least after flashing a rom.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I haven't tried it myself (I don't really want the Beats sound, I can set up an EQ myself thank you hehe), nor do I have proper equipment to test if this is indeed working or not. But plenty of more knowledgeable folks than me seem to believe that this file does nothing, and any change is placebo. Well disregarding the bootloops and various issues with video players and other apps at least.