Beats Audio Enhancement for GNEX?

Reaction score
I just watched jonboys video on the HTC 720 and 1080 recording and the beats Audio enhancement. It only works with the stock player but I remember running custom ROMS on my OG with audio enhancers. Any reason why beats Audio is so much better than any other enhancement?

ALSO, is there a chance this can be added to a custom ROM for the GNEX in the future i.e. taken from the HTC phone and added to a GNEX ROM release?

J

JohnDroid

I just watched jonboys video on the HTC 720 and 1080 recording and the beats Audio enhancement. It only works with the stock player but I remember running custom ROMS on my OG with audio enhancers. Any reason why beats Audio is so much better than any other enhancement?

ALSO, is there a chance this can be added to a custom ROM for the GNEX in the future i.e. taken from the HTC phone and added to a GNEX ROM release?

Unless there is some type of premium hardware in the phone I think this has got to be nothing more then "tuned" audio to sound better. Ie, custom sound levels, treble, bass, etc... it sounds like snake oil to me.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
XDA made it so it will work on any htc phone. no reason why they couldnt make it work for the gnex. its not hardware.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once we get a chance to put the gnexus in our hands we will see if that is needed or not. As of right now I am getting my black friday gear together in preparation to get my gnexus.

Pads-check
face maks-check

I might just have to show up like this:

679382clid.jpg
Yes showing love for my Clarksville Alma Mater

doublea500

Reaction score
im just hoping that the galaxy nexus doesnt have a loose jack like the droid one.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing to ruin your day like having a loose jack...

In other news: I don't see why not on the beats port to the GN short of the software being specifically designed/tuned/tweaked to the hardware on the original device which might actually degrade the quality if you put it on a different hardware/speaker setup.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before we shoot the nexus and demand it needs beats lets get it in hand and listen to it first.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Honestly, I don't like Beats. Too bottom and bass heavy. I sell them in stores at Best Buy but I would never buy them myself.

I agree, I could care less about "beats" audio. Just give me a stock Android Nexus on Verizon.