If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

JoeJxn

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for a few days and so far:

1) Assistant Free (PageOnce) - Great free app to let me know how my funds are doing, what all my recent transactions are, and what my upcoming bills are going to be. I can also check my Netflix to see what movies I have on my queue, I wish you can edit your queue though.
2) Meebo - MSN, AIM, Facebook chat, and others all in one app. Awesome
3) Handcent SMS - Makes Messaging look alot cleaner and sexier.
4) Cestos - Simple but fun game that you can play online, and you can chat with people in the lobby. And it's free
5) AppBrain - Found a few good apps in here, love the recommendations section

Honorable Mention: Beautiful Widgets - Decent app, I don't get why everyone loves it. It's just like Fancy widget but with a couple extra features that are worthless for me.

Worst app: Facebook - God this is horrible. I don't get push notifications, and when I do have notifications, I have to load up the mobile site to check them and clear them off my list. I should be able to check and clear them right in the app.

This app is worthless and I think I'm about to uninstall it.

nmos

Reaction score
I'll add a few that I haven't seen mentioned but I use all the time:

OpenVPN Settings: Still a pain to get things set up but well worth it to have a (nearly) always on, secure connection back to my home/office. This program makes turning on/off the VPN a 1 click affair.

Wardrive: Constantly scans for WiFi access points and puts them on a map.

IP Cam Viewer: Lets me see my security cameras from anywhere. Simple configuration even for my oddball camera setup.

Docs Pics: Basically another file manager but allows you to upload/download from Google Docs and Picasa.

Screeble Lite: Keeps my screen lit up if I'm holding the Droid or even just prop it up a bit but otherwise allows it to timeout quickly if I just set it down.

Some honerable mentions would be:
Pure Calendar Widget
Note Everything
Web Sharing
K9 Mail
Remote RDP / Remote VNC
Mobile Defense

kmarmet

Reaction score
Re: If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS

1. Handcent/Chompsms - they are very much the same. 2. Meridian Music Player. 3. Launcher Pro..nuff said. 4. Beautiful Widgets 5. Screen Mode Widget. Honorable Mention - Linda Manager,Pandora,Moto Torch Flashlight Widget,Bluff my Call,Vlingo,Zedge,Back Breaker Football, App Launcher,Ultra Keyboard

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kmarmet

Reaction score
oh yeah, Craigsnotifica, Aloqa,and easy tether

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I cannot live without my alarm clock, camera, an insulin calculator application for my son's newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes on his sixth birthday [!!!!], better contacts, and led flashlight. I doubt a day goes by without me tapping on them.

Navigation, Find Starbucks and Google Goggles have all helped in a pinch. I remind my Husband that he is deaf, w billboard bot and Astrid makes him love me more when I remember to get the laundry with its help.

I believe in anti-virus too but recently found out that your phone will go berzerk if you are not utilizing the recommended provider tool. Apparently mine was going crazy because of an anti-virus. Only took two visits to the store.....sigh. I think the guy that finally fixed my phone rocks and needs a raise.

Last edited:

Froodychick

Reaction score
OK mine have changed since I posted a month or so ago. Mine to date are:
1. xScope browser. Fast, customizable, easy to manage. I love this browser.
2. Handcent: Txt messenger app. So much better than the stock. Easy to use, easy to customize.
3. gDialer. A widget that allows you set profile pictures on your home screen to use as a one touch dialer for frequently used contacts.
4.FolderOrganizer lite. Let's me group app's into folders, change the folder icon to something I like, and put the folder on my home screen. Keeps my screen less cluttered, better organized, and cuter!!
5. Sirius XM. My new favorite app!! I love that I can take my XM with me where ever I go. :yahoo: Well worth subscription fee 2.99 month.

CatGirl

Reaction score
aps

I love Car Mode so I can keep it auto on speaker when driving
Tip Calc (obvious)
Key Ring (get discounts without carrying annoying plastic)
Bubble Breaker because I've never gotten over that addiction
Friend Stream (easiest way to keep up w/Facebook, etc.)

audioscience

Reaction score
When it comes to music apps I love both DoubleTwist and Cubed. I'm starting to swithc between them. There is a good comparison here.

My other top apps are Xscope, Touiteur, SugarSync, Docs to go and Wordup.

RPD325

Reaction score
I have read all 25 pages and found a bunch of new and awesome apps thanks! All of my top 5 were already mentioned but one that every husband I have that I didnt hear mentioned was:
Super Call Log Faker
This App is a must for all those husbands out there whos wives swear that we didnt call them. Let me give you a transcipt of last week.
Wife: Why didnt you call me today!
Me: Hunny, I did!
Wife: No you didnt I have no misssed calls on my phone
Me: Look its right here in my call log, see for yourself...

Allow for custom call log entries, including time of call, number and date...

Figured Id pass it on for all those guys out there!

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going to look for this in a few, after the wife goes to bed.

kmarmet

Reaction score
have to add Aldiko. just started reading ebooks and have tried a lot of ebook readers and this one is the best. so many features. several ways to turn the page. day and night themes., which are customizable. you can change brightness by sliding your finger left or right along tthe top of the screen. genious. plus the ui is beautiful. like my very own bookshelf. great app!

jcaf77

Reaction score
Astro File Manager
Pandora
Rom Manager
cnet audio /tv.com
some kind of barcode scanner

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad