If October release is true...

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score
Who is black_man_x?

He used to work for Verizon, and was a notable/trustworthy source for information. If im not mistaken he has since changed jobs, but still remains in the loop from time to time with his sources. Still a major mobile tech head judging from his twitter accnt.

Reaction score
LoL i know you went through the bionic saga with us troop, what makes you think well hear anything two/three weeks before release :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Because Samsung won't do what Motorola/Verizon did to us... right? RIGHT!? *Starts to sob*

black_man_x tweeted November release this morning :)

****. My OG won't make it that far.

Icculus760

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Turbod
black_man_x tweeted November release this morning :)

****. My OG won't make it that far.

I'm RIGHT there with ya, bro/sis. My plan: don't buy the Bionic unless OGD completely stops working. I've got a giant crack in my screen and have to decide between using 1/2 my apps w/ MIUI or dealing w/ consistent LONG launcher restarts. Not a good place to be -- waiting for just a whiff of news for a possible announcement of an official expected release date.

Hanging on by a thread here....

gwhiz377

Reaction score
In the same boat as a lot of you. My OG Droid is on it's last legs. Trying to hold off on from getting the Bionic until I see more details. Really don't wanna wait until November though. But my upgrade isn't due until around the 17th of October, so if anything, might just get the Bionic then and just return it within the 30 days if the Prime comes out. Gonna be really pissed off though if I wait only to find out it isn't coming to Verizon. lol

alboboy10

Reaction score
In the same boat as a lot of you. My OG Droid is on it's last legs. Trying to hold off on from getting the Bionic until I see more details. Really don't wanna wait until November though. But my upgrade isn't due until around the 17th of October, so if anything, might just get the Bionic then and just return it within the 30 days if the Prime comes out. Gonna be really pissed off though if I wait only to find out it isn't coming to Verizon. lol

You only have 14 days to return it.

I hate how verizon has decreased everything. Used to be a month, now they've put data data caps, cancellation of contract fee increased. Everything is going in the wrong direction

cracker11

Reaction score
I got the bionic and its great so far but i waited so long to get rid of my ogd to just be out done in two measly months. Can i return my bionic? Should i return it.? Is the prime really going to be that great?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'd return it. I like the possibility of the vigor and the prime. Whichever phone I pick though will need to have a 720p screen. Prime is open and easy to play with and so on, but I don't want to have another phone with the same resolution as my tb. Although I love this screen the 720 is going to look insaneeeeeeee. Plus new sense, dual core 1.5, plus who knows what that camera will be, plus beats (I know a lot of people won't like beats but it will improve the phone)

When the vigor comes out whoever in the forum is interested in a TB can contact me. :)

gthotie5

Reaction score
A bit off topic, I'm going to have to pay full price for this phone. Any ideas on how much I can get for my D2G in December? Screen is flawless. Overall decent condition.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
A bit off topic, I'm going to have to pay full price for this phone. Any ideas on how much I can get for my D2G in December? Screen is flawless. Overall decent condition.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Look at the price right now and subtract 25-50. There. Would be the price

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums

gwhiz377

Reaction score
You only have 14 days to return it.

I hate how verizon has decreased everything. Used to be a month, now they've put data data caps, cancellation of contract fee increased. Everything is going in the wrong direction

With Verizon sure. But I was looking at it, I think on wirefly.com and they give you 30 days.

patriot95

Reaction score
I'd return it. I like the possibility of the vigor and the prime. Whichever phone I pick though will need to have a 720p screen. Prime is open and easy to play with and so on, but I don't want to have another phone with the same resolution as my tb. Although I love this screen the 720 is going to look insaneeeeeeee. Plus new sense, dual core 1.5, plus who knows what that camera will be, plus beats (I know a lot of people won't like beats but it will improve the phone)

When the vigor comes out whoever in the forum is interested in a TB can contact me. :)

I agree. The Bionic would have been a phone that would carry the 2-yr test if it came out 6 months ago. Much like the OG and the Dinc, the Vigor/Prime/HD should be able to carry you can entire renew cycle while still performing (closely) with the best of them. You want to flirt with that bleeding edge line :greendroid:

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
I agree. The Bionic would have been a phone that would carry the 2-yr test if it came out 6 months ago. Much like the OG and the Dinc, the Vigor/Prime/HD should be able to carry you can entire renew cycle while still performing (closely) with the best of them. You want to flirt with that bleeding edge line :greendroid:

I'm not even worried cause I have three upgrades. But I don't want to upgrade anymore I just want a phone to keep for two years. The thunderbolt is GREAT...the only things it's missing are: great battery life. However, the incredible had bad battery and the second one has amazing battery life, this leads me to believe the vigor will also.
Two: dual core. My phone doesn't lag often, but there are times when it needs a little more processing power or perhaps ram. Dual core and a gb of ram should fix it, plus htc said their phones won't have locked bootloaders anymore. So that's good.
The screen: I love it but 720p?!!! Can't wait.
Beats audio: I know this one is controversial, but it will definitely improve the phones speakers!
Plus new version of sense, and gb with possibility of ics.

Biggest things for me are the battery and the screen though. I'm excited to see what will happen

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I returned my Bionic, back on the OG now. I missed my baby.

The Bionic is AWESOME. Seriously. I have just always wanted a Nexus. I remember the rumors back when I got the OG, that the Nexus One was coming to verizon. Heck, I even tried to order it directly from Google before getting the OG.

I was disappointed to realize that verizon wouldn't get it. Little did I know.... they wouldn't get any of the next Nexus'. Unfortunate.

This Nexus Prime on verizon rumor is so very welcomed, and embraced by me. I was hoping the Bionic would quench that burning desire for the Nexus, but it absolutely did not. I did enjoy using it, but it wasn't.... "IT".

Will have to upgrade eventually, but will hold on to the OG as long as I can hold out for my "IT" phone.

Nexus, I beg you... please grace all of we, the verizon customers, with your presence. We promise to love and take care of you, for a minimum of 20 months!

*customized tapatalk signature*