Idea we all might like

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by aamzalag, Jan 2, 2011.

1. aamzalag

aamzalag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I know that jamezelle and co dont actually make this rom, but snce i dont have any idea how to actually present this idea to the people that can implement it, i figured some1 here might be able to help. I know that MIUI already has lockscreen music controls and what not, but its annoying to be reading an ebook or browsing the net, and to have to switch out of the app to change the song or pause. It would be awesome if they could implement music controls int he long press home appswitcher. Then without leaving any app you can change your music however you like.
    Let me know what you guys think, and if we can get in contact with the devs to make this happen.
    Thanks,
    Adam

2. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I second this notion! I get exactly what you're saying bruh, like (forgive me for my blasphemy) on the iDevices, if you double tap the home button while playing music, a popup comes up with the 'Previous, Play/Pause/Next' controls.

Sorry for comparing it to the iPhone but if it works it works. This function would be an amazing addition to the MIUI already vast list of features

3. frostthejack

frostthejack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be better in the notification bar

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1
    I was thinking the same thing. Don't the Galaxy S phones have this feature?

5. aamzalag

aamzalag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason I didn't say it should be in notification bar is cuz in some aps u don't have access to the notification bar so it needs to be a button press

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Post it on miui-dev.com. You're more likely to get it looked at there than here.

7. porky101

porky101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot remember what ROM I was on at the time...I want to say it was Cyanogen...but I was able to change songs by long pressing the volume up button(to go forward a song), and volume down button(to go back a song) it was the best feature on a ROM i had ever had

8. thebignoob

thebignoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is Cyanogen, but I don't think Droidforums has users with the capacity to carry out something like what the OP described (I mean that in the nicest way). Maybe you trying purposing it to a dev over on XDA or MIUI-Dev.

9. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i agree this feature would be great and i've been thinking we really need something like this. i'm sure someone could figure it out

10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I would prefer that this not be implemented. I like how it works already, long press down to lower volume to minimum, long press up to raise volume to max.

So this is clearly not an idea we all might like.

Make it a mod and have those who want it download and install it, leave those of us who don't want it, run MIUI as the MIUI Devs intended.

11. aamzalag

aamzalag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    zerobarrier, clearly u didnt read the o.p. the idea we might all like was not the cyanogenmod hold up volume to change song. It was for the long press home app switcher to have music controls on the bottom, so u can change songs or pause or play from within any app...
    next time please provide constructive criticism based upon the actual idea.

12. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Clearly you didn't read the rest of the thread. The thread went from A) long press home controls to B) long press volume buttons. Then when I reply toward the subject of long pressing volume buttons you accuse me of not reading the OP? Seriously? Maybe you should read the entire thread, instead of just what catches your eye. Next time don't bother replying to me, I don't appreciate conversations that do not stimulate my intelligence, but stagnate it, thank you.