Idea for a new app if someone can make it

thejas

Reaction score
I just realized that as automated as android is, I can't find an app that does this. I have recently been adding many contacts to my phone. What I noticed is when I do so, the icon is just a standard android icon until I replace the picture manually. I want this process somewhat automated. My idea is that when you go to create new contact, this app would intervene at some point and suggest picture icons to go in it's place. It would be getting pics from multiple sources and aggregating the most likely based on others' selections. I can see this most useful for businesses such as blue cross blue shield. i'm thinking as soon as you start entering the letters it works like auto fill. You could have a top three suggested pics showing and a "not now" for when your in a rush or when you just know what you put in will get bogus results. you could tap to select any of the three pics and it will make it the icon instantly without getting you out of the contact information page so you can finish what you're doing. It then notes your selection and uploads to a database somehwere so that the suggestions keep getting more and more accurate as more people use it. If you're like me, you love the icons but hate the works of obtaining them from the web and cropping them down. A program to do this in process is a lot more likely to be used since it's much easier and happens at the time of data insertion.

If anyone has suggestion please give them. Also understand that I am not a programmer and just wanted the idea out there in case it wasn't. I did briefly try to word it in google to find something that does this. If anyone knows of anything that can do this currently, I'd love to hear about it! Let me know if anyone is also interested in making this. I have many more ideas regarding this as well.

Thanks everyone for reading and please be kind :biggrin: