Texting while Driving

Aerosurgen

Reaction score
Hello I am new to Droid,
Can anyone tell me if there is a good App that completely automates the texting process, from selecting contact to sending message and everything in between. Thanks

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Although I don't know an app that COMPLETELY automates the process, I do know an app called 'Vlingo' that can do a variety of things (from composing text messages, to looking up things in navigation) using Voice Input. Basically, it's an expanded version of Google's Voice Search.

You can easily find it in the market. I'd definitely recommend it! Hope I provided some sort of help :)

OP
A

Aerosurgen

Reaction score
Ok does anyone know if there is a way to add a text messageing feature to the cardock app so it can us talk to text

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not text and drive. Way too many "crazies" out there who do. I want the advantage of being focused and having my hands on the wheel to react.

Mike

Scott26

Reaction score
Vlingo Car App (beta) is great for this just tap a button and speak everything from who, what, and sending.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is going to stay civil, if anyone steps out of line at all in this thread they will be getting infractions. This was meant to be someone asking about an app, not a debate on whether texting and driving is good or not. No further warnings.

Gareee

Reaction score
My intent was not to troll, but to point out the hazards of texting while driving. A freind just this past month lost a daughter who was texting while driving, which caused it.

Apologies, but I'm still a bit thin skinned about the issue as a result.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Google Voice Actions do this? Haven't used it myself.

OP
A

Aerosurgen

Reaction score
The reason I asked this question is because I want to be fully aware of my driving, If i can keep my hands on the wheel and my hands on the road then I see no problem thats all I was asking. I am sorry if my question offended anyone.

OP
A

Aerosurgen

Reaction score
LOL you see I have to drive with my hands on the road because Im too busy texting Lol just kidding I just want to be safe and use voice to text and not have to look at any buttons

jellybean420

Reaction score
Vlingo is definitely the way to go if you really "need" this feature. You can text, call, update twitter/facebook status all without touching your phone.

sparky7403

Reaction score
Vlingo is the best app that I have used for staying in touch while driving.

ErikWood

Reaction score
Texting Auto Reply (includes GPS Mode for Driving Text Auto Reply)

I am not sure if this is what you are after since all texts with our app still use SMS but check out OTTER (One Touch Text Response) if you have time as it might compliment what you are after. We've been getting great reviews from the tech community and from our users. We have two texting management options:

1) OTTER (Full Version) "Answers texts, saves time, saves lives..."
Features:

• One Touch Text Response
  • Texting Auto-reply w/ timer
  • Editable/grouped responses
  • Parental Control (GPS based & Pass code protected for teens)
  • GPS Mode: Silences incoming text & call ring tone alerts for any user
  • $4.99 - no recurring fees

2) OTTER-urban "Streamline your texting life..."

• Auto-reply with timer
  • Editable/grouped responses
  • One Touch Text Response
  • $1.99 - no recurring fees
"For the user that does not want GPS features that silence text and incoming ring tone alerts while driving."

Here are a couple of links to demo videos - ones ours, the other is independent...

• [video=youtube;pNJiu3t9Yo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJiu3t9Yo8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNJiu3t9Yo8[/video]
  • [video=youtube;xSWurvUAVP4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWurvUAVP4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSWurvUAVP4[/video]
Erik Wood, owner
OTTER LLC
Otter - One Touch Text Response