Can't change a contact picture.

papy72

Reaction score
I'm having an issue where I can't change the picture associated with a contact.

I open the contact, options menu, edit contact, and press the pic icon at the top. It opens my gallery and lets me select a pic. In this case it's a camera pic.

When I try to save it though, I get a FC on some android process and the pic doesn't save.

Anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Figured out a work-around for this. Apparently when I edited the contact I never noticed that there were two Google contacts and one Facebook contact all merged together.

Editing the pic on the first Google contact is what gave me the error. But I was able to edit the pic on the second Google contact just fine.

Go figure.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey! Didn't know this (never thought to try).

So I have contacts that aren't FB contacts. When I try and save a picture to them, it force closes. Any ideas?

Neupy

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same problem that Jim does....Ive tried cropping the pic first thinking that may be the problem. But no dice.

OP
papy72

papy72

Reaction score
Did you guys try what I posted? In other words, edit the contact and see if it has more than 1 google contact entry. If it does, try setting the pic on the second entry.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only one entry. Under edit there's only one spot for a picture.

superglen99

Reaction score
I have a strange problem, one of my contacts does not have their facebook profile pic. every other person on my list does. i tried deleting and re adding them but no dice. and yes i get the force close thing when i try to add a pic from gallery.