Ics upgrade

rbw62

Reaction score
I have been baiting VZW on their FB page with: "Since Verizon canceled ICS", ...
So far no denial from them or HTC.
Looking bad for ICS for TB. Guess it is dead.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I have been baiting VZW on their FB page with: "Since Verizon canceled ICS", ...
So far no denial from them or HTC.
Looking bad for ICS for TB. Guess it is dead.
Lucky for me I've been running ICS on my TB for the past month.

OP
rbw62

rbw62

Reaction score
Why r you lucky? You rooted your phone and do not have the latest official release..

OP
rbw62

rbw62

Reaction score
Just read on Verizon wireless, Thunderbolt, support, Software Update: Thunderbolt by HTC -Coming Soon!
That is all it says.

AI19

Reaction score
whoop dee doo.... HTC can kiss my ass for all I care...

geoff5093

Reaction score
Just read on Verizon wireless, Thunderbolt, support, Software Update: Thunderbolt by HTC -Coming Soon!
That is all it says.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but they've said that for months.

OP
rbw62

rbw62

Reaction score
Yea, it was a big letdown on 8/31 when there was no ICS upgrade or even a word from VZW. They really pissed off a bunch of Folks! There was hate blogs for over a week on the FB/HTC & VZW pages.

crossmandoc

Reaction score
I just talked to an HTC rep that said the Thunderbolt will be updated by then end ov November....keeping my fingers crossed that the guy knew what he was talking about. He said the information came from there news source I guess customer service reps read everyday when they come in. It will be nice all the ics roms out there other then liquids have to many issues and liquids isn't perfect but it does have working wifi which is a must have for me.

AI19

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath.. it's probably the end of November 2025

draiken78

Reaction score
AI19 said:
Don't hold your breath.. it's probably the end of November 2025

Lol. I just hope it doesn't break my phone like when they finally updated the original incredible to gingerbread. That update made my wife's phone a useless piece of garbage that just randomly decides to perform master resets on itself just as my wife started feeling like it was working right again.
No more HTC for me after this Thunderbolt.

wardo

Reaction score
Whatever happened to ics at thanksgiving time

tap a talka thingy

OP
rbw62

rbw62

Reaction score
I am running factory installed ICS on my Rezound, I love it. Blazzing fast & no problems. This is what HTC can do.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Well here is a crazy thing. I saw a tweet on HTCUSA that it wasnt ICS they are testing for the TB but JB. They were saying they were having connectivity issues for JB on the Thunderbolt. It could well have been a typo or some careless mistake but nevertheless. This was posted sometime yesterday morning.