**htc devices to get ics! **

dzone67

Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/notes/htc-u...d-40-updates-for-htc-handsets/300698153293006

While HTC has confirmed THE FIRST Wave of devices to get ICS. I have a feeling the HTC Thunderbolt is nowhere near the second wave of phones to get ICS. I find it quite disturbing knowing how we've been treated with this phone and even up to date; we're getting treated like like dirt. What do you guys think?

Sent from a forgotten phone... I mean HTC Thunderbolt.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's HTC UK- the Thunderbolt might not be in the UK at all. What you want to look for is HTC USA for an accurate list of what's getting updated here.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
I am aware of that, did you read the "US Handsets*"? This means they are talking about devices here in the USA as well.

Sent from a forgotten phone... I mean HTC Thunderbolt.

afrchutch

Reaction score
Ya on engadget they said evo, evo 4g, etc. But no thunderbolt... Pretty sad when HTC says "almost all top of the line HTC devices" but then they don't include the Tbolt. Doesn't anyone else still consider the Tbolt "top of the line" for HTC???

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
We were lucky to get GB this late in the year. Imagine ICS lol

afrchutch

Reaction score
We were lucky to get GB this late in the year. Imagine ICS lol

Ya that's why I rooted and did their work for them. I hated Tbolt stock. Now, its amazing. Not the phone's fault. It's crappy bloatwear...

armeddroid

Reaction score
Although they did say more devices to be announced later but not sure of the TBolt will be in the pack. Interesting the HTC Evo is on there but no mention of the Tbolt as it is a newer device then the EVO.

RedSectorA

Reaction score
The least they can do is fix gingerbread if they aren't going to give the TB ICS. Dialer bug anyone? Actually I don't care what HTC does anymore. As soon as my contract is up I'm washing my hands of this company and the doomed Thunderbolt.

rbw62

Reaction score
I do, it was. Cutting edge when i bought mine. And yes we, TB, have been treated like sh&t! Look @ all the soft ware bugs we have endured, and vzw lying to us repeatedly over the issues.

Mysfit

Reaction score
This is why the tb will be my one and only HTC I am going back to moto.

G33kT0Th4D

Reaction score
Well, if you take a step back and look back with a broader business perspective:

-It was the first of all the 4G phones. Has had several bugs with kernel 2.2, and with 2.3. It is very expensive for HTC to fix bugs on the phone- they don't make more money on each device because of a fix. They make money when sell new devices. If it is easier to create better working devices and get cash for them, then that's where their focus will be. The majority of users 'statistically' doesn't use all the functionality of their smartphones.

Like they say, hindsight is 20/20. I had an idea when I was considering the TB to wait for 6 mos. before purchasing so bugs can be fixed. I didn't do that. I wanted the phone as soon as I could. I couldn't wait to get my 4GLTE android 'fix'.

Two weeks after I got the TB, the Charge was out with better battery life. Now there's a whole slew of them. And just today, the Droid RAZR was made available via VZW. The phone looks sweet. If I could have any smartphone, that would be the one. THINNER than the iPhone 4S! But- I made a choice and a decision to go with TB for 2yrs.

Question is, when I can upgrade to another phone what will it be? The iPhone 4S looks pretty sweet with Siri, I think the only thing I'd be missing is LTE and Google Navigation (which I don't even get at home, only when I'm on the road to some places). Will ICS be something that makes Android phones MORE cutting edge than the iPhone? Honestly, I just want my phone to work. AND, it's a lot easier to jailbreak iPhones than rooting Android phones, if I want to change it bad enough.

Do you think that HTC is really expecting you to have the same phone 3-5 years from now? I don't think so. Unfortunately what they don't see is that it's not about product loyalty, its about customer loyalty. How many of you are going to have another HTC phone? Considering all the roadblocks that apple makes for HTC, it might be better to go with a brand that has more financial backing. (Apple, Motorola/Google, Samsung?...)

Just my .02

Chukee

Reaction score
Second waive of devices RUMORED to get the update ics is the second generation single core devices which is the tb. HTC has not come out and said that the tb would not get it. You don't expect single core devices to be first inline to get the update do you? More than likely they are going to update their latest phones first and work down from there. And no. I don't consider the tb as a top of the line phone right now. Dual cores are now the top of the line as of now. Pretty soon dual cores won't be top of the line.

Last edited: