ICS Update...NO USB Connection and other problems

12thMan90

Reaction score
Yesterday AM 7/2 I ran the ICS update. Problems ever since...
1) No Mass Storage/Media Connection (any pc or OS)...It will charge via USB
2) Does not recognize navigation mount for Razr
3) Phone locked up 8-10 times today and had to reset/reboot (pwr/vol dn) to restart
4) Battery draining extremely rapidly/phone stays hot

I'm using the same cords I have used since 11/11/11 to connect to the same pc's. It's not the usb cable. The only change of connection type I'm seeing now is thru system settings>storage>menu button. Nothing at the top of the screen anymore.

I believe before I even worry about the other problems I need to address #1. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I loved this phone until yesterday. Going to get a new phone tomorrow. Not an ICS fan at all...

Thanks in advance for any help.

OP

12thMan90

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried and no luck. I must have had the latest version already, it asked to just repair or remove program after downloading and installing.

Natey2

Reaction score
Yesterday AM 7/2 I ran the ICS update. Problems ever since...
1) No Mass Storage/Media Connection (any pc or OS)...It will charge via USB
2) Does not recognize navigation mount for Razr
3) Phone locked up 8-10 times today and had to reset/reboot (pwr/vol dn) to restart
4) Battery draining extremely rapidly/phone stays hot

I'm using the same cords I have used since 11/11/11 to connect to the same pc's. It's not the usb cable. The only change of connection type I'm seeing now is thru system settings>storage>menu button. Nothing at the top of the screen anymore.

I believe before I even worry about the other problems I need to address #1. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I loved this phone until yesterday. Going to get a new phone tomorrow. Not an ICS fan at all...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Does this variant of ICS pass Google's CTS test?
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41600

ted1

Reaction score
I had the same problem I was using an old cable I had with my DROID incredible that was the problem. You must use the correct cable the one that came with your phone. Well it worked for me I hope you get it fixed good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP

12thMan90

Reaction score
Tried the original cord already. Saw that in other threads. Thanks Though.

Should there still be the connection method option at the top of the home screen with ICS? That's how the old OS was. Also I know its not right because when I connect the phone to my Motorola navigation mount it doesn't even recognize it too. With the old OS it immediately pulled up and ran the hands free apps. Now it stays on the home screen and just charges.

Coutman

Reaction score
I was looking for something like this on the Droid 4 forum. But what I did was change to "Camera (PTP)" and it worked for me, like the "Charge Only" connection. I was trying to sync between Companionlink and DejaOffice. Would not recognize, but after changing it worked. Hope this helps for you. Trial and error always.