ICS this week?

alcamedes

Reaction score
Just wondering, how do I get to sign up for soak testing for these updates?

Apex89

Reaction score
Just wondering, how do I get to sign up for soak testing for these updates?

You have to sign up for motorola's feedback network, and you must be a member of their forums. Anyone can sign up, but then they send out a survey that you then have to complete to find applicable testers.

dsprik

Reaction score
In NW Lower Mich and no ics yet. If you go to the back of the line when you hit "System Update" then no one here should be in the front of the line... :biggrin:

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
who wants to go on a road trip from state to state until we get the update lmao

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

Exalted911

Reaction score
Why i think there is no soak test. Only ota. Ics is a whole new os not an update. If there was bugs in it there is no easy to go back to ginger bread. So lets say they found bugs and address them on ota. They would have to make 2 ots with the fixes. One for three people on gingerbread and the other for the soak testers. I feel they wouldn't go into all this trouble. Might a well release the ota and patch it if it has any bugs.

hemdroid23

Reaction score
Exalted911 said:
Why i think there is no soak test. Only ota. Ics is a whole new os not an update. If there was bugs in it there is no easy to go back to ginger bread. So lets say they found bugs and address them on ota. They would have to make 2 ots with the fixes. One for three people on gingerbread and the other for the soak testers. I feel they wouldn't go into all this trouble. Might a well release the ota and patch it if it has any bugs.

Sounds logical, the problem is, I'm not so sure they use logic in the equation!

smmfc

Reaction score
I truely believe that they use these forums and leaks as kinda like a soak test. They know people are on the leaks why not take advantage of the free testing. Does anyone honestly think that they don't know about the cheesecake method or that their servers are being used? Even a low budget corporation can tell when their servers are being used by someone not supposed to. For all we know they're placing these leaks on the servers just for that reason. Maybe its a dedicated server for public testing but to make you feel like your sneaking a new "leak" when really they want you to take it.......... hmmmm.......

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Exalted911 said:

The froyo to gb update on droid 2 global disaster.........
Soak had exchange "issues". OTA update was pulled. About a month or two months later the ota goes out. It replaced the soakers' faulty gb by the way. It's all in this forum on the d2g page around july to sept time frame of last year.......what a fluster cuk :)

I am not the droid you're looking for