ICS & "Social Network Widget"

Raven1155

Reaction score
Having installed ICS last night, I seem to have lost the Social Network widget that gave me the latest statuses from Facebook and tweets from Twitter. I had THOUGHT that I read that ICS had updated the widget to include Google+ messages, but instead I can't even find the widget anymore! I would appreciate any suggestions as to a widget with similar function. Thanks in advance!

filthy1

Reaction score
Me too....i really liked having both on my widget as it worked better than any 3rd part apps...hope we get it back or someone knows where it is

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I read before the update that Motorola was removing all of their social networking apps/widgets on ICS in favor of users utilizing the widgets provided by the individual social networking in their apps. So, you're not missing it, and at this point, I wouldn't expect it to return.

OP
R

Raven1155

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
I read before the update that Motorola was removing all of their social networking apps/widgets on ICS in favor of users utilizing the widgets provided by the individual social networking in their apps. So, you're not missing it, and at this point, I wouldn't expect it to return.

I really appreciate the feedback! I do have the individual apps, but did like the convenience of that widget. Are you aware of any that do roughly the same thing?

Chickoid

Reaction score
I too miss the social widget and haven't had much luck in finding something similar. If anyone out there has better luck please share!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I really appreciate the feedback! I do have the individual apps, but did like the convenience of that widget. Are you aware of any that do roughly the same thing?

I never used the Motorola widget or social networking app, so I don't know. I would think there would be something similar in the Play store, but it may not be exactly what the Motorola widget and app were.