ICS OTA in order.

shockracer

Reaction score
So, I was told that when ICS comes out for the Rezound in OTA it will be in order that the phones were sold, first to buy is the first to get.

omar908

Reaction score
I don't think that is how it works :/
They say its always random except for soak testers of course

omar908

Reaction score
Yea, majority of of the time the Verizon people know nothing useful :/
People on this forum will probably know more way before Verizon employees do, well I'm just saying this through experience from myself and other forums users :)

OP
shockracer

shockracer

Reaction score
It may be from HTC and Google, but it comes through VZW network, and VZW control. I also tried to get them to say they pushed back the update for us because they wanted Moto to have it first, I got "well ye... Well I can't say for sure why".

Escobar

Reaction score
They don't know anything about it though. That would be nice though cuz I got mine in November.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Ota's are pushed out randomly based on location as to not overload servers and piss people off even more (even though vzw is already good at that)

Sent from Rezound

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is how it works :/
They say its always random except for soak testers of course

Well, that's how Motorola does it. Don't think HTC necessarily follows the same "rule" - as a matter of fact, I believe Moto is the only manufacturer that "soak tests".

omar908

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Well, that's how Motorola does it. Don't think HTC necessarily follows the same "rule" - as a matter of fact, I believe Moto is the only manufacturer that "soak tests".

Well that i didn't know :) thanks for the information ^_^

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
I pretty much gave up on ics.. I was excited but as the weeks..months went on.. I really don't care anymore. But the ics better be stable when it comes

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
Razr's started to get it but it seems to be a random order - check xda for more info. I gotta think rezound will follow but I think I'm just gonna install the leak.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm thinking that we'll get it soon. It's less of a big deal to me because I already have it but I'm tired of the Rezound getting treated like a red headed step child by VZ. ICS was ready then it gets pulled most likely by VZ because we can't have another phone getting an upgrade before their golden child. All I hear is Razr this and Maxx that. When the truth is the Rezound is by far a superior phone in everyway. Throw in an extended battery and Maxx is left in the dust as well. All I want is for the Rezound get the respect it's due. Ok, rant over.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Snoking

Reaction score
Just try holding a Razr or Maxx. I will take my ExtReZ any day over those two.

gerrya

Reaction score
I pretty much gave up on ics.. I was excited but as the weeks..months went on.. I really don't care anymore. But the ics better be stable when it comes

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
Agree with you on both points. I have an Asus transformer tablet and ICS has been the worst thing that has happened to it. What makes it worse is its mostly Google's own apps that have become completely unstable. Worked perfect with Honeycomb and problems are widespread with forum members. I used to hate Verizon for holding back updates, but I'm starting to think its a good thing for them to test it fully before distributing it.