ICS leak with beta(any difference on issues???)

raul4916

Reaction score
Does any1 one know if the leak helped out the main problems for the ICS beta??
i wanna try them, but i dont want to take the eclipse out of my system because battery life is perfect after 2 weeks with it

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a proper ICS build and is a very highly polished OS. Arguably better than any officials that have been on the Bionic. There are tons of threads about the leak, read up on it a bit.

Reaction score
I almost reverted to Eclipse 3.0, but the increased functionality in webtop is enough to keep me on the leak. If you don't need webtop, I personally don't think you gain a whole lot by going to ICS besides bling. Touch response in many cases is laggy, while Eclipse was very snappy for me. I think my battery life was a bit better on Eclipse, too. Nitro certainly does great work.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
ICS makes your phone a lot more responsive than any version of Gingerbread with ROMS flashed. I've been quite happy with it so far.

Reaction score
ICS makes your phone a lot more responsive than any version of Gingerbread with ROMS flashed. I've been quite happy with it so far.

Sorry, but on my phone Eclipse was consistently more responsive. May just be variation between individual units?

OP
raul4916

raul4916

Reaction score
and for me to flash AOKP now i need to have the .905 or the 6.7.xxx????

markwebb

Reaction score
Underwater Mike said:
Sorry, but on my phone Eclipse was consistently more responsive. May just be variation between individual units?

Sorry but you are talking apples vs oranges. Eclipse is gingerbread ROM and Android 4.0, ICS, blows away Gingerbread and any gingerbread ROM. The difference is like night and day! I have been running the leaked bionic update and the phone is much faster, responsive and smoother. Moreover, the kernel is upgraded to 1.2 GHz from original 1.0 GHz. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry but you are talking apples vs oranges. Eclipse is gingerbread ROM and Android 4.0, ICS, blows away Gingerbread and any gingerbread ROM. The difference is like night and day! I have been running the leaked bionic update and the phone is much faster, responsive and smoother. Moreover, the kernel is upgraded to 1.2 GHz from original 1.0 GHz. :)

Dude, just because that's the case on your device doesn't mean it's universal truth. :blink:

markwebb

Reaction score
Underwater Mike said:
Dude, just because that's the case on your device doesn't mean it's universal truth. :blink:

I had eclipse 3 as well as other gingerbread roms and ics is a vast improvement and it is not just bling. Again, the kernel is also upgraded. I.will never go back to gingerbread. Perhaps your phone is faulty?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Perhaps your phone is faulty?

Always a possibility, but I've seen plenty of other posts noting areas in which ICS seems slower. Even if the kernel was solely responsible for dramatic improvement over GB, remember that this is still beta software. It is indeed possible that a polished GB implementation could match or exceed the leak in performance in some areas. Unless you have objective benchmarks to show ICS uniformly faster and more responsive (however you want to define responsiveness), you can't simply generalize and say that GB is always slower in the same operations.

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Successfully flashed the ICS leak and re-rooted flawlessly w/ http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...gh-releases-ics-leak-root-exploit-bionic.html, and so far, so good. It's only been about 12 hours though. Seems pretty fast so far. I wasn't having any data issues with 905 before I flashed. That seemed to be working pretty well, too.

We'll see how normal use goes over the next few days.

How can you tell if the kernel is 1.0 or 1.2 or whatever GHz?

matthew2478

Reaction score
lgalcarte said:
Successfully flashed the ICS leak and re-rooted flawlessly w/ http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/213012-djrbliss-comes-through-releases-ics-leak-root-exploit-bionic.html, and so far, so good. It's only been about 12 hours though. Seems pretty fast so far. I wasn't having any data issues with 905 before I flashed. That seemed to be working pretty well, too.

We'll see how normal use goes over the next few days.

How can you tell if the kernel is 1.0 or 1.2 or whatever GHz?

JRummys rom tool box