ICS leak has built in VOIP internet phone

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have been playing around with the free pbx pc software from 3cx. Even added a Obi110 box so 3cx can answer and/or dial my plain old telephone and also my google voice.

I was using the 3cx app on my rezound so I can answer my plain old telephone when away from home.

Well, it turns out that the HTC ICS leak includes a VoIP internet phone which seems to work well. It works more in the background and seems more integrated into the rezound than the 3cx app.

regards,

Howard

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Howard
Could you tell me more about this please?
Thanks
Mike

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
Mike,

First you can read about the PBX software at 3CX Phone System - Software Based VoIP IP PBX / PABX for Windows. I use the free version.

I believe in keeping an old fashioned copper wire telephone in the home because it always has worked for me during power outages.

Many have abandoned the plain telephone service for Vonage, Comcast, Verizon, or other lower cost VoIP phones. some use the cell phone exclusively.

my plain phone had worked for me even during a five day power outage - the longest one I have had.

So I thought it would be cool to be able to answer the home phone from my rezound. obitalk makes the obi110 box - sells for about $50 on amazon.

It's a bit of a bear to figure out how to set up the obi110 and 3cx. but now my rezound rings when my home phone or free google voice rings. I do not actually plan on making use of obitalk, but like their obi110 box.

When my plain phone rings, so does my cordless phones, and my cell phone's VoIP internet phone. All ring simultaneously.

If my home pc, home internet, or home electricity fail, then my rezound of course won't ring.

I keep my cordless phone system plugged into the obi110 box which is plugged into the wall. During a power outage, neither the obi110 nor the cordless phones will work. I have an ordinary phone plugged in at the three places in my house where I usually keep the three cordless handsets. Thus if there is an emergency and the cordless doesnt work, there is a plain phone next to it.

Howard

p.s. in the ICS leak, settings, call, scroll to the bottom for internet phone setup and options

Last edited:

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Howard
I have the same set up. Keep the land line with cordless and wired for the same reasons, though I don't pass the number out, but I never seem to check the messages and some times miss some I wish I hadn't.

MikeyTG

Reaction score
Gingerbread has this too - under settings, Call - at the bottom under "internet phone".

OP
H

HowardZ

Reaction score
Gingerbread has this too - under settings, Call - at the bottom under "internet phone".

That's good to know in case I ever go back to GB (not likely). I just discovered the internet phone and thought it was new in the ICS leak.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My motto is, if I am not home to answer, just leave a message, and with my Verizon Fios Voice app I can check all my missed calls and check all the voicemails to my home phone from the app.

lucifer0993

Reaction score
I have been playing around with the free pbx pc software from 3cx. Even added a Obi110 box so 3cx can answer and/or dial my plain old telephone and also my google voice.

I was using the 3cx app on my rezound so I can answer my plain old telephone when away from home.

Well, it turns out that the HTC ICS leak includes a VoIP internet phone which seems to work well. It works more in the background and seems more integrated into the rezound than the 3cx app.

regards,

Howard

Hey,Bro,
I think the features and pricing are the two prime considerations in selecting your voip provider and deriving the maximum benefit from the product. with most voip users, all the features available in a particular product will rarely if ever be used.