New Rezound... loaded leaked ICS RC

flamewalker

Reaction score
I have had my Rezound for a couple days now. Feeling brave, I loaded the leaked ICS from HTC. Everything looks and behaves essentially the same (It's still Sense afterall). But it is fast! I had spent days comparing the Nexus and the Rezound... and finally settled on the Rezound. Then it went on sale for $50. WIN!

At any rate, in my couple days of use, as an upgrade from a D1, I am blown away. It never lags. Apps open quickly, scrolling is smooth, text is crystal clear. The screen is absolutely amazing. I think it bests the iPhone in pixel density by a couple pixels IIRC... or at least comes close (I can't remember which exactly at the moment). The camera is respectable. It is probably not too far off from my $300 point and shoot camera I bought about 6-8 years ago (and it was a good one at the time).

Stock battery is respectable. I use wireless at work and home. I use widgets to disable mobile data and bluetooth when at work or home, and use mobile data and bluetooth when on the road. I leave the 4g off as the 4g at my office is spotty at best, so it just stays off almost all the time. I haven't really put it through its paces on a heavy usage day yet, but so far I'm not complaining.

The hardware build so far feels solid. It's not a heavy phone, or thick. It is bigger than I'm used to (from D1), but it feels perfect in my hands. It doesn't feel cheap or clumsy at all. It has some nice grip patterns on the back, which is nice. The screen is really sensitive though. And that's not necessarily bad... just more than I'm used to. I swear it can tell my finger is going to touch even before it does!

The only thing I miss from my rooted D1 at this point is the battery meter on the lockscreen. Everything else pretty much just works. I have had to figure out how to tweak a couple settings that are in different places than the standard Gingerbread experience, but overall, the stock Rezound experience has been extremely pleasant.

I am so glad I chose the Rezound!

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Glad u like it I love my rezound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the Rezound is a great phone. It will be even better once ICS officially gets here. Hopefully they fix the throttle issues on ICS before it gets officially released. Keep an eye on heat if you are running the leaked firmware, from what I have been reading it stays throttled to max when screen is on I believe.

OP
flamewalker

flamewalker

Reaction score
Yes the Rezound is a great phone. It will be even better once ICS officially gets here. Hopefully they fix the throttle issues on ICS before it gets officially released. Keep an eye on heat if you are running the leaked firmware, from what I have been reading it stays throttled to max when screen is on I believe.

You mean the processor is stuck to full throttle when in use? I played plants vs zombies a little with no problem. Only got warm last night when loading the leaked build. I will take note of that though.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I believe the processor gets stuck at full throttle due to the kernel in the leaked build. Just turn it off for a couple minutes if it gets noticeably hot. It's probably not a big deal.

budlight4me

Reaction score
You mean the processor is stuck to full throttle when in use? I played plants vs zombies a little with no problem. Only got warm last night when loading the leaked build. I will take note of that though.

Yeah buddy, I too came from D1 to rezound n it's awesome. I've been running leaked ICS since it was available n have no heat issues :) Enjoy!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I too came from the D1 and love my Rezound. I can't find a reason to flash the leak bc gingerbread is rock solid. still waiting to read something that will give me that extra push!

Sent from my HTC Rezound

budlight4me

Reaction score
I too came from the D1 and love my Rezound. I can't find a reason to flash the leak bc gingerbread is rock solid. still waiting to read something that will give me that extra push!

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Ur right, gb was solid on this device, but after a month or so after I couldn't resist flashing ics....glad I did it's pretty cool.
Cleanrom 4.3 now

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D1 was a good little device. Project Elite and Saphire were my 2 favorites. Thats what I like about the Rezound too...plenty of roms to try out. Gonna give clean rom de a try in a bit.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Soooo now does anyone know a date for the official Ics release? I was disappointed April 5-7 .. whatevr it was

D4nielC

Reaction score
Good to hear! I'm definitely loving my new Rezound also! I've been running the leaked ICS for two weeks now with no problems what so ever. I believe Amazon is still selling it for $49. It's the best deal going right now in my humble opinion.

lucidreamer

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP, URGENT!!!!

I just got this ICS leaked update from Upgrade HTC Rezound to Ice Cream Sandwich via leaked firmware build 3.11.605.22 and performed the update instructions carefully.

It prompted to update from PH98IMG.zip but is already taking 15 minutes or more to do it, it is showing the green "htc" screen on a white background.

Did I brick my Rezound or did something wrong? Anyway to restore the original firmware?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Flash the RUU twice. Then wait patiently for about 5-10 minutes as the phone reboots.