1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Rezound... loaded leaked ICS RC

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by flamewalker, Apr 12, 2012.

1. flamewalker

flamewalker New Member

I have had my Rezound for a couple days now. Feeling brave, I loaded the leaked ICS from HTC. Everything looks and behaves essentially the same (It's still Sense afterall). But it is fast! I had spent days comparing the Nexus and the Rezound... and finally settled on the Rezound. Then it went on sale for $50. WIN!

At any rate, in my couple days of use, as an upgrade from a D1, I am blown away. It never lags. Apps open quickly, scrolling is smooth, text is crystal clear. The screen is absolutely amazing. I think it bests the iPhone in pixel density by a couple pixels IIRC... or at least comes close (I can't remember which exactly at the moment). The camera is respectable. It is probably not too far off from my $300 point and shoot camera I bought about 6-8 years ago (and it was a good one at the time).

Stock battery is respectable. I use wireless at work and home. I use widgets to disable mobile data and bluetooth when at work or home, and use mobile data and bluetooth when on the road. I leave the 4g off as the 4g at my office is spotty at best, so it just stays off almost all the time. I haven't really put it through its paces on a heavy usage day yet, but so far I'm not complaining.

The hardware build so far feels solid. It's not a heavy phone, or thick. It is bigger than I'm used to (from D1), but it feels perfect in my hands. It doesn't feel cheap or clumsy at all. It has some nice grip patterns on the back, which is nice. The screen is really sensitive though. And that's not necessarily bad... just more than I'm used to. I swear it can tell my finger is going to touch even before it does!

The only thing I miss from my rooted D1 at this point is the battery meter on the lockscreen. Everything else pretty much just works. I have had to figure out how to tweak a couple settings that are in different places than the standard Gingerbread experience, but overall, the stock Rezound experience has been extremely pleasant.

I am so glad I chose the Rezound!
  2. Alchemist945

Alchemist945 Member

Glad u like it I love my rezound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  3. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Yes the Rezound is a great phone. It will be even better once ICS officially gets here. Hopefully they fix the throttle issues on ICS before it gets officially released. Keep an eye on heat if you are running the leaked firmware, from what I have been reading it stays throttled to max when screen is on I believe.
  4. flamewalker

flamewalker New Member

You mean the processor is stuck to full throttle when in use? I played plants vs zombies a little with no problem. Only got warm last night when loading the leaked build. I will take note of that though.
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Yea I believe the processor gets stuck at full throttle due to the kernel in the leaked build. Just turn it off for a couple minutes if it gets noticeably hot. It's probably not a big deal.
  6. budlight4me

budlight4me New Member

Yeah buddy, I too came from D1 to rezound n it's awesome. I've been running leaked ICS since it was available n have no heat issues :) Enjoy!

7. Bpowder33

Bpowder33 New Member

I too came from the D1 and love my Rezound. I can't find a reason to flash the leak bc gingerbread is rock solid. still waiting to read something that will give me that extra push!

Sent from my HTC Rezound
  8. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

9. budlight4me

budlight4me New Member

Ur right, gb was solid on this device, but after a month or so after I couldn't resist flashing ics....glad I did it's pretty cool.
    Cleanrom 4.3 now

10. Stelv

Stelv New Member

The D1 was a good little device. Project Elite and Saphire were my 2 favorites. Thats what I like about the Rezound too...plenty of roms to try out. Gonna give clean rom de a try in a bit.

Sent from my Kindle Fire
  11. sp3ar2envi

sp3ar2envi New Member

Soooo now does anyone know a date for the official Ics release? I was disappointed April 5-7 .. whatevr it was

12. D4nielC

D4nielC New Member

Good to hear! I'm definitely loving my new Rezound also! I've been running the leaked ICS for two weeks now with no problems what so ever. I believe Amazon is still selling it for $49. It's the best deal going right now in my humble opinion.
  13. lucidreamer

lucidreamer New Member

PLEASE HELP, URGENT!!!!

I just got this ICS leaked update from Upgrade HTC Rezound to Ice Cream Sandwich via leaked firmware build 3.11.605.22 and performed the update instructions carefully.

It prompted to update from PH98IMG.zip but is already taking 15 minutes or more to do it, it is showing the green "htc" screen on a white background.

Did I brick my Rezound or did something wrong? Anyway to restore the original firmware?
  14. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Flash the RUU twice. Then wait patiently for about 5-10 minutes as the phone reboots.
  15. lucidreamer

lucidreamer New Member

Thanks MrSmith. How do I flash RUU? Do I need to pull the battery out or it is risky to do at this point?
  16. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Pull the battery, it can't hurt.
  17. lucidreamer

lucidreamer New Member

Thanks. Already pulled the battery, did factory reset and it loaded to previous firmware version. Now trying to install ICS for the second time (fingers crossed).
  18. lucidreamer

lucidreamer New Member

Yes, the second try updated the phone with ICS. Thanks everyone!!
  19. flamewalker

flamewalker New Member

Yeah I had to update twice as well.

UPDATE: I couldn't find a case quick enough locally... all the screen protectors and cases were sold out everywhere! Well, I dropped my phone on the asphault... got some battle scars on 3 of 4 corners, and 2 very tiny dings in the screen. One is virtually imperceptible especially when the screen is on, and the other is upper right outside the screen view port. Very minor though. So, I checked the local VZW store and they had just gotten a new stock in. Got a basic semi-gel/hard case. Its edge protrudes from the front a little so there is some protection for the screen (at least on a flat surface) until my screen protector gets here.

Naturally I called up verizon and signed up for the insurance right away... at least until I get the protector! :p

Otherwise, it's been running great. With a little work keeping the lowest power usage radios on (ie wifi on/mobile off at work and home, and mobile on and wifi off everywhere else, and 4g off all the time since i don't get it at home, and very weak at work)... I can get a good days use from it.

Now that I've decided to keep it, time to sell the Beats :D
  20. lucidreamer

lucidreamer New Member

I also wanted a gel-padded case for my Rezound first but then realized it would fit in car phone holders which are already stretched to their limits. I ordered a cheap holster case from Amazon for 5 bucks and just keep the phone in it all the time or carry it on my belt. It has openings on the sides to allow charging the phone inside the case.

Not a big fan of Beats phones either, Grado cans sound way better with it. But I would probably keep the stock Beats earplugs for headset purposes or as travel phones instead of selling them.