New Rezound... loaded leaked ICS RC

lucidreamer

Reaction score
Thanks. Already pulled the battery, did factory reset and it loaded to previous firmware version. Now trying to install ICS for the second time (fingers crossed).

OP
flamewalker

flamewalker

Reaction score
Yeah I had to update twice as well.

UPDATE: I couldn't find a case quick enough locally... all the screen protectors and cases were sold out everywhere! Well, I dropped my phone on the asphault... got some battle scars on 3 of 4 corners, and 2 very tiny dings in the screen. One is virtually imperceptible especially when the screen is on, and the other is upper right outside the screen view port. Very minor though. So, I checked the local VZW store and they had just gotten a new stock in. Got a basic semi-gel/hard case. Its edge protrudes from the front a little so there is some protection for the screen (at least on a flat surface) until my screen protector gets here.

Naturally I called up verizon and signed up for the insurance right away... at least until I get the protector! :p

Otherwise, it's been running great. With a little work keeping the lowest power usage radios on (ie wifi on/mobile off at work and home, and mobile on and wifi off everywhere else, and 4g off all the time since i don't get it at home, and very weak at work)... I can get a good days use from it.

Now that I've decided to keep it, time to sell the Beats :D

lucidreamer

Reaction score
I also wanted a gel-padded case for my Rezound first but then realized it would fit in car phone holders which are already stretched to their limits. I ordered a cheap holster case from Amazon for 5 bucks and just keep the phone in it all the time or carry it on my belt. It has openings on the sides to allow charging the phone inside the case.

Not a big fan of Beats phones either, Grado cans sound way better with it. But I would probably keep the stock Beats earplugs for headset purposes or as travel phones instead of selling them.

ice177

Reaction score
You mean the processor is stuck to full throttle when in use? I played plants vs zombies a little with no problem. Only got warm last night when loading the leaked build. I will take note of that though.
You are able to play Plants vs. Zombies on the Rezound?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
flamewalker

flamewalker

Reaction score
You are able to play Plants vs. Zombies on the Rezound?

Yep! Had to load the Amazon market to get it. The only glitch is when you start the game, you MUST actually enter a name and at least start the game or you will have to clear app data to get it to start up again.

It's pretty fun! Also, keep in mind I'm on the ICS leak, so I don't know if it will work on the GB stock build...

ice177

Reaction score
Yep! Had to load the Amazon market to get it. The only glitch is when you start the game, you MUST actually enter a name and at least start the game or you will have to clear app data to get it to start up again.

It's pretty fun! Also, keep in mind I'm on the ICS leak, so I don't know if it will work on the GB stock build...
Ohh ok thank you for the quick response so you have to do that every time you open the game?

OP
flamewalker

flamewalker

Reaction score
No, but the first time I opened it I just closed it, then couldn't reopen it. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked, but just closed it again. Then wouldn't open. Cleared data, opened it, and entered my name, and now it opens every time thus far. Just make sure you enter your name and start a round or you will have to clear data to get it to open again. Once you enter your name, you shouldn't have any problems. At least I don't... YMMV.