ICS Fastboot

firedogbryan

Reaction score
<guineapig>
15 minutes, start of RSD to at ICS homescreen. Successful upgrade from stock GB219 to this fastboot.

Few things to note, for those that may ask:
I ran a Titanium Backup before doing anything.
I did not thaw any apps. I left all apps that I froze alone.
I left the device rooted.
I forgot to run Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, so I can't comment on that >.>
I did not delete cache, data, or dalvik. I left everything as is.
After flashing the Fastboot, and booting to ICS, all my apps were intact. I can't find any that aren't working.
Test call and texts were successful.
Rerooting after ICS was successful.
So far, the only issue is Facebook force closing. But I'm sure a reinstall of that will fix it.
Definitely slow using at first, but most people know it will be as it updates system files and databases. Many apps decided to update after booting into ICS.

Overall: Success. If you don't want to wait for the OTA, do this.
</guineapig>

Update: Found an update to Facebook in Google Play. No more force closing!

Last edited:

firedogbryan

Reaction score
Hmmm. Good question. Looks like ICS removed it.

Anywho...redownloaded it from Google Play, and works fine. I don't see any issues with it.

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for you guys. I didn't have time to post instructions, I spent most of my time answering other questions and left the SBF to the more experienced folks.

As far as Flash, it's not preinstalled and even if you download it from the market there's a 50/50 chance it will work. I think we just got to get used to it, the iphone never had it and Adobe is cutting support for Android.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this coming from an ICS Leak?

OP
orangechoochoo

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
No, but it should work if you're on the 217 leak since it's programmed to install over 219 GB or itself (217 leak). If you're on any other leak you have to use the Droid4 Utility which allows you to jump from one leak to the next (or the OTA).

reybie

Reaction score
I'm getting impatient waiting for the OTA... this fastboot is not helping hehe.

slikno420

Reaction score
I'm getting impatient waiting for the OTA... this fastboot is not helping hehe.

Im in the process of flashing the fastbot right now. From what everyone else has said it works fine. XD
Also after installing CM9 on my girlfriends Evo last night and playing around with it, I want to start trying to get that ported over to this device, if anyone is interested PM me. thanks.

outsid0r

Reaction score
Im in the process of flashing the fastbot right now. From what everyone else has said it works fine. XD
Also after installing CM9 on my girlfriends Evo last night and playing around with it, I want to start trying to get that ported over to this device, if anyone is interested PM me. thanks.
cm9 is already in the works by hashcode whos working on kexec so kernels are flashable, i for one wouldnt mind seeing another variant of cm9 to tool around with.

cdipier2

Reaction score
just did the fastboot method. so far so good everything seems to be working just fine. im really liking the new user interface

Mike253

Reaction score
cdipier2 said:
just did the fastboot method. so far so good everything seems to be working just fine. im really liking the new user interface

I second this. Did the fastboot with no problemo just took a little while as per usual. Really diggin the new interface from being used to the usuals of gingerbread.

Sent from my awesome ICS Droid 4

Last edited:

cdipier2

Reaction score
I also rooted my phone as well while I was on my computer. Was very easy

dan262

Reaction score
Hey I currently am running the leaked version of Jelly Bean but I want to download the official Jelly Bean OTA. I'm just wondering how exactly I "roll back" to ICS. I downloaded the VZW firmware, I just don't know what to do with it. Do I boot into recovery and install it from the sd card just like I did with the leaked software?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks