Failed fastboot to ICS from JB

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by Latchback, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Latchback

Latchback New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone,

So I messed up big time here: I recently got the JB update, rooted, and messed with something I should not have (without backing up) and ran into a boot loop.
    I attempted to fastboot back to ICS, and it obviously failed while flashing. (now I realize that was a mistake, I knew you could not fastboot from GB -> ICS, so I do not know why I did not realize the same with JB -> ICS)

I know there is no SBF files for JB yet, which makes unbricking my phone an issue.

Does anyone have any solutions on how I can unbrick my phone? (there is a solution for the razr, but I doubt that it would work for me)

2. Bense

Bense Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same boat here, I think I may have figured it out. I downloaded the d4 fxz file, and extracted it. I also downloaded the utility that is mentioned in that razr thread that you linked.
    I unzipped that.

I then replaced all the razr files in that razr utility with files from the droid4 fxz. and I edited the batch file and replaced RAZRSafestrap-ICS-2.11.apk with Droid4Safestrap-ICS-2.11.apk.

I have now booted into stock recovery, and I'm attempting to install the Jellybean OTA. We'll see how this goes.

TBH, it looks like this script is just a fancy way of editing the xml file that is in our droid4 fxz. Remove the lines where the thing fails. For example, step 6/17 fails at cdt.bin
    so I removed the following line from the XML file. then ran RSD lite like i normally would.

<step operation="flash" partition="cdt.bin" filename="cdt.bin" MD5="3560db7df2164e13af6ee64c2b36dd11" />

It then failed at some other step, I forget which. But I removed the corresponding line from there.

Hope this helps lol

3. Latchback

Latchback New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fastboot 4.1.2 files for the Droid 4 are now available. Fixed my problems.

Droid-Developers SBF

Search tags for this page
apfastboot ics over jb

droid 4 jb fastboot

droid4 d4 via flashing fxz in fastboot

fastboot flash 4.0 ics
flashing cdt.bin droid bionic 4.1.2
full ice cream sandwich file 4.1.2 recovery fastboot

how to erase cdt.bin on xt910s change to ics from jb 4.1.2

jb fxz
step by step flash droid razr with rsd lite

verizon bionic cdt.bin failed ics