Safestrap 3.11 to 2.11 ROM doesnt start anymore.

komani86

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had SS2.11 with Droid4HD working perfectly. Then I decided to try a JB rom, so I installed SS3.11 for droid4. Installed on rom slot 1 but didnt like JB so decided to install Droid4HD again.

Since I dont like SS3.11 that much, since it takes up space on your internal memory I decided to flash back 2.11. The problem is though that the phone wont start up anymore. I tried to reflash a ROM and restarting safeboot, but nothing helps.

A sidenote, I tried to flash the stock rom via S3.11 but that failed back then. Anyway to fix this besides fastbooting? Not sure how that works..

outsid0r

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had SS2.11 with Droid4HD working perfectly. Then I decided to try a JB rom, so I installed SS3.11 for droid4. Installed on rom slot 1 but didnt like JB so decided to install Droid4HD again.

Since I dont like SS3.11 that much, since it takes up space on your internal memory I decided to flash back 2.11. The problem is though that the phone wont start up anymore. I tried to reflash a ROM and restarting safeboot, but nothing helps.

A sidenote, I tried to flash the stock rom via S3.11 but that failed back then. Anyway to fix this besides fastbooting? Not sure how that works..

2.11 roms are not compatible with 3.11, need to reflash from start as the notes say in the post for 3.11

OP
K

komani86

Reaction score
Yeah tried that but failed. In the end I fastbooted and the phone works again :) Sticking to 2.11 and Eclipse hybrid for now, its faster than DroidHD (or so it seems) and i'll just wait untill JB gets released officially for the droid