ICS 230->232. Worth it or Wait?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Mmm...i think I'm going to hold off. 230 is running real good for me right now!

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
dautley said:
No ones saying you need to be on anything you don't want to be on dude, just contributing my humble opinion to the OP's original question, chill out..

Lol I wasn't meaning that n a horrible way, I was meaning it as it, is it bad to stay on a leak? Like am I missing something cause I'm new to all this flashing stuff. So if I came off the wrong way my bad, didn't mean it like that.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently there are no webtop errors with 232.

RMD

Webtop errors were fixed in .230

.232 has some framework changes and in general, feels smoother. It's hard to explain, it's hardly perceptible but it's there.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol I wasn't meaning that n a horrible way, I was meaning it as it, is it bad to stay on a leak? Like am I missing something cause I'm new to all this flashing stuff. So if I came off the wrong way my bad, didn't mean it like that.

If the leak makes your phone run the way you want it to run, there's nothing wrong with running a leaked build. If a final OTA were to be pushed out the had issues not present in the leaks, i'd have no problem staying on the leak.

Reaction score
Agreed. I also like the fixed widget menu in alternative launchers.

Webtop errors were fixed in .230

.232 has some framework changes and in general, feels smoother. It's hard to explain, it's hardly perceptible but it's there.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
If the leak makes your phone run the way you want it to run, there's nothing wrong with running a leaked build. If a final OTA were to be pushed out the had issues not present in the leaks, i'd have no problem staying on the leak.

Ic what ur saying, thanks for clearing that up. That's what I was assuming but like I said I am new to all this and just wanted to make sure.

Jacobk85

Reaction score
My battery life is MUCH better on .232 compared to .230.

I'm having huge battery probs. I keep waiting hoping a new leak will come out cause I know as soon as I jump it will. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go to 232

valkyriemedic

Reaction score
Moved to .232 from .2233

I waited on moving due to battery problems mentioned by some on .230...So far its been great. No webtop issues as with .2233. Stock launcher works great with Lapdock 500, had to remove Nova Launcher that I was using for the Lapdock with .2233 due to the Lapdock not going into webtop mode with multiple launchers on the phone..it would switch from the stock launcher to Nova when you tried to activate webtop mode.. only way to get true webtop mode on the lapdock was with the stock launcher only installed. All of the extra features of the Lapdock 500 work (Camera, Ethernet, VGA, etc). Like previously mentioned by others...I love the new car dock screen and menu. I had issues with .2233 where VZ navigator would always open when I docked the phone...until I froze the app, but .232 allowed me to choose car dock mode as the default. Battery life has been ok...no better or worse than GB or .2233. 4GLTE seems to be more stable...had had some issues with GB..seemed fixed with .2233 also. I was also very happy to see the ability to volume down to silent back in ICS...I had really missed that in GB. Rooted with Razers Edge no problem.. WiFi Tether works great with it set to Generic ICS device. Only things I miss so far are 1) The FM Radio .apk I used in GB wont work on ICS and 2) The Droid X External Display app that I used on GB to view the NFL network via HDMI out wont install from Google Play from some reason.

EdJanx

Reaction score
I'm having huge battery probs. I keep waiting hoping a new leak will come out cause I know as soon as I jump it will. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go to 232

I think the majority of battery problems is due to not resetting battery stats, which is recommended after flashing any new ROM. I make sure that I run my battery into the ground first (pull it, let it sit, then try to boot again just to drain anything that may be left). Then I fully charge *without interruption*. Go into clockwork recover and Wipe Battery stats. Drain it to the ground again with normal usage, *without charging it at all until it dies*, then fully charge again without interruption. After this, you should be good to go with normal usage, including charging when battery is only half full, etc. Works like a charm for me, and I'm getting much better battery life than I ever did on GB.

Tonik

Reaction score
I think the majority of battery problems is due to not resetting battery stats, which is recommended after flashing any new ROM.

+1

Soon as I reset the stats on the ICS leak my battery life went from decent to awesome. I usually do it every time, just forgot this time. You can also wipe them with a free app in the market called Battery Calibration. Requires root of course.

Tonik

Reaction score
How do you reset battery stats. Sorry noob

Need to be rooted. Download Battery Calibration from the Market. Charge to 100 percent and run the app and tap 'Battery Calibration' in the app. Then run it all they way down. Down through normal use is fine, there is no hurry. Then charge it to 100 percent again.

Jacobk85

Reaction score
I think the majority of battery problems is due to not resetting battery stats, which is recommended after flashing any new ROM. I make sure that I run my battery into the ground first (pull it, let it sit, then try to boot again just to drain anything that may be left). Then I fully charge *without interruption*. Go into clockwork recover and Wipe Battery stats. Drain it to the ground again with normal usage, *without charging it at all until it dies*, then fully charge again without interruption. After this, you should be good to go with normal usage, including charging when battery is only half full, etc. Works like a charm for me, and I'm getting much better battery life than I ever did on GB.

Thanks for the info. I did switch to 232 and its made a HUGE difference but if it could be better then I'm all for it. I'll give this a try. I'm not rooted does that matter I can still wipe battery stats?

Jacobk85

Reaction score
Need to be rooted. Download Battery Calibration from the Market. Charge to 100 percent and run the app and tap 'Battery Calibration' in the app. Then run it all they way down. Down through normal use is fine, there is no hurry. Then charge it to 100 percent again.

Oh well maybe I'll root then.