ICS 230->232. Worth it or Wait?

bbucks36

Reaction score
if you have a lapdock yes .. if your having probs with 230 yes .. if not wouldnt bother no real difference..also do believe its fixed teh 1.2 ghz bump for those that didnt get it in teh other leaks

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I'm on 230, haven't seen anyone come up with anything why 232 is better other then people having problems with 230 which I'm not having so I'm just gonna stay right here.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
bbucks36 said:
if you have a lapdock yes .. if your having probs with 230 yes .. if not wouldnt bother no real difference..also do believe its fixed teh 1.2 ghz bump for those that didnt get it in teh other leaks

Are u saying there's something better on 232 for the lapdock, I have one, just curious.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
rduckwor said:
Apparently there are no webtop errors with 232.

RMD

I'm beginning to thank some phones are temperamental lol. I've been on my laptop dock maybe 3 hrs in the last 4 days on 230 and haven't came acrossed one error or anything FCing.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I'm beginning to thank some phones are temperamental lol. I've been on my laptop dock maybe 3 hrs in the last 4 days on 230 and haven't came acrossed one error or anything FCing.

I have used the lap dock probably 12 to 15 hours and have not had any problems with it on .230

dautley

Reaction score
Still & 1Ghz for me, but 230, 232 seem to run a little smoother. As your going to need to go back to get on the upgrade path anyway, why not upgrade to the latest?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Chris-pee said:
I have used the lap dock probably 12 to 15 hours and have not had any problems with it on .230

That's gd to know, honestly other then being off ota I don't thank ima leave this build for a while unless better things come to light.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
dautley said:
Still & 1Ghz for me, but 230, 232 seem to run a little smoother. As your going to need to go back to get on the upgrade path anyway, why not upgrade to the latest?

Who says we need to be on the upgrade path? My phone runs perfect and I was always told if something ain't broke don't fix it. Just like Moto taking us from a good 902 to a POS 905, I had nothing but problems with it. So until at least I know what the OTA is I'm not leaving this build for something that seems the same u know.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
232 has been fantastic for me. I have learned how to use the lapdock better and it's useful once again despite lacking a windowed interface.
720p video and games look AMAZING on the lapdock <3.
On 230, the Widget Locker and Mint.com apps kept either force closing or freezing, and I was having other weird issues with the lapdock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

wilboy

Reaction score
Seems like i'm the only one who isn't happy w/ all the ICS leaks,tried all of 'em w/ no luck and always experiencing force close,specially the browser,so am still here sitting duck in my 905/rooted and happy w/ this..will wait 'till the Final ICS come out(let see)..but, eversince since the 905 came out,i don't have any problem nor experiencing any problem w/ my phone.. :(

dautley

Reaction score
Who says we need to be on the upgrade path? My phone runs perfect and I was always told if something ain't broke don't fix it. Just like Moto taking us from a good 902 to a POS 905, I had nothing but problems with it. So until at least I know what the OTA is I'm not leaving this build for something that seems the same u know.

No ones saying you need to be on anything you don't want to be on dude, just contributing my humble opinion to the OP's original question, chill out..

bbucks36

Reaction score
Seems like i'm the only one who isn't happy w/ all the ICS leaks,tried all of 'em w/ no luck and always experiencing force close,specially the browser,so am still here sitting duck in my 905/rooted and happy w/ this..will wait 'till the Final ICS come out(let see)..but, eversince since the 905 came out,i don't have any problem nor experiencing any problem w/ my phone.. :(

you might have done this but .. i was gettin long boot times..and some FC.. com.motorola.service error .. so i did a clean install of .902 then went direct OTA of .905 thru the phone.. went into boot recovery deleted cache. and did a full wipe before installed ICS..runs butter smooth...but if your running smooth with .905 id stay like you said... its funny how people have different experiences with the same phone..

Last edited:

bhp117

Reaction score
i notice on 232 while you are video recording you can take a snap shot
also 232 seems to fix more of the minor bugs like sometime the brower stall on 2231 2233 229 230
webtop runs smoother and a bit quicker than on 230
i recommend after install of any ics leaks finish setting up your phone, reboot the phone you'll see a hugh difference in response time after reboot

i like the new car dock they added too
overall 232 is more polish than 230 and i'm glad every leak there's some improvement and more iron out at least we know moto haven't given up on the bionic yet