Ice Cream Sandwich Enables The Use Of Gamepads And Controllers For Your Device

crwys

Reaction score
We can already use gamepads though. This is just introducing that we can use wired gamepads. Because USB host wasn't enabled on Gingerbread and lower.

akhi216

Reaction score
Using a gamepad for 90% of the games sure beats using your thumbs. I think this will be a neat addition.

This.

Just think Xperia Play. Titles that are Xperia Play optimized can now be optimized to be played with a controller on all ICS devices.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I do this on my Bionic already. Only exception is I use Bluetooth for my Wii mote and then use the classic controller. HDMI mirroring allows me to play some Star Ocean on my TV. Closest thing I'll get to a game console experience with the game.

The only thing I don't like is when mirroring it the image is still on my phone. So my phone ends up getting hotter quicker cause the screen is on and doing stuff.

crwys

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off mirroing?
Thats why I like it on my Droid X, no mirror, less heating up. I also put a fan up to my phone when doing this (especially with emulators)

Heywood

Reaction score
I was just about to download the six axis controller app and see if it fairs as well as the Wii one.

I am still occasionally floored at how far we've come with technology. Hard to believe a cell phone with a high capacity card can almost entirely serve my entertainment needs especially output to a 50" display and when thrown back in my pocket

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I was just about to download the six axis controller app and see if it fairs as well as the Wii one.

I am still occasionally floored at how far we've come with technology. Hard to believe a cell phone with a high capacity card can almost entirely serve my entertainment needs especially output to a 50" display and when thrown back in my pocket

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Just think how far we can still go.

ke0kie

Reaction score
Very cool, seems like implied requirement is phone with kick-stand (or you carry around a mount) and more power efficiency. Seems dumb to play a game and kill your phone's battery.