Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Gamepads-for-ICS-600x218.png

Romain Guy, A well known Android engineer and tweeter, sent out an interesting tweet this afternoon. According to Romain, Ice Cream Sandwich will let users use USB gamepads to enhance your mobile gaming experience. While some of you may just see this as another accessory you will have to spend money on, this is pretty exciting news for any gamer.

Via: Droid-Life.Com

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Even without being a huge gamer, this will be really cool to see if it ends up being true.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would want to use a PS3 or XBOX controller to play a game.....How do you even prop up the phone in such manner that the controller movements don't cause the phone to flop around (because of torqueing of the USB cable)? Not to mention, a comfortable viewing angle for the screen.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I'm not a big gamer, but I would guess kickstands, docks, wireless controllers..

akhi216

Reaction score
And I almost got an iPhlop 4S. Played with it at the Verizon store and hypnotized for a bit. Had to play with a Xoom to snap out of my trance. I still was haunted with desires to play games on the iPhlop until I read this.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
This paves the way for the Gamestop tablet.

akhi216

Reaction score
For all that money why not just, you know, BUY an actual gaming system?

You can't really unleash your inner geek by just buying a real system. Besides real systems can't play emulators.

crwys

Reaction score
Um this is not really anything new. I'm pretty sure other phones can, but my Droid X has been playing games on my TV for quite a while now. Using Wiimote and classic controllers Bluetooth up to 4 players. It works pretty well.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can't really unleash your inner geek by just buying a real system. Besides real systems can't play emulators.

True, and with HDMI out...except on the Nexus you can't do both HDMI out and attach a USB controller. Maybe it will work with bluetooth, but we'll see. If that's what you want to do, the RAZR would seem to be a better device, once it gets ICS since you can attach both a USB controller and do HDMI out.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Um this is not really anything new. I'm pretty sure other phones can, but my Droid X has been playing games on my TV for quite a while now. Using Wiimote and classic controllers Bluetooth up to 4 players. It works pretty well.

Yea but this is for playing it on your nexus using the controllers.. which I still think was possible before somehow, like I said I'm not a gamer or haven't been one since I sold my Ultima Online account..

???

Reaction score
i think the point was hdmi output to tv, usb to controller.

think of it as a mobile ps1 or ps2. i could think of a few days bored here at my job that i could pull that out and waste some saturdays away and not have to answer questions about why there's a playstation laying around haha

J

JohnDroid

Using a gamepad for 90% of the games sure beats using your thumbs. I think this will be a neat addition.