Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by muddy9002, Aug 16, 2012.
I was just thinking this!
It's just sickning
Install .232 then.
Don't know much about rooting phone
id rather wait then have them send out crap that has glitches like the razor ICS does.. like aaf709 said install .232 or earlier make the waiting a little more bearable..plus gives you a chance to get use to ICS if you havent installed the leaks yet..
its simple plus you do not need to be rooted to install ICS..
I like simple,how then?
hardly simple if its ur first time... but following directions will get u a long way.. plenty of topics in the bionic hack topic and videos in YouTube... I like to use both when I'm missing w my phone so I don't miss steps
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Like bbucks36 said you don't have to be rooted. Here's the steps (you may know some of this already).
Get the .232 file from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4gkPYbY5JHicEp0X1R6SWNEc0k/edit?pli=1 Don't worry that the name of the file is 5.9.905. Motorola gives the name of where is coming from, not where it's going to. Be sure you have the Motorola drivers installed from USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA on your PC. These may install automatically when you connect your Bionic to your PC.
Your phone has to have at least 40% power for the install.
1. On the phone go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Development and check "USB Debugging."
2. Plug phone into computer.
3. Press "Mass USB Storage" from the list of choices. Two drives will show up. One is MOT (Internal Storage) and the other is Removable Drive (SD-EXT).
4. Put the downloaded file in the root (ie main area) of SD-EXT (not Internal Storage). No need to change the name or extract it.
5. Eject both MOT and Removable Drive and disconnect the phone from your computer.
6. Power phone down
7. Reboot into stock recovery (aka reboot recovery) by holding Power and Volume Up/Down at the same time.
8. Select "Recovery" by pressing Volume Down, then press Volume Up to initiate it.
9. When the robot appears, press both Volume keys in at the same time.
10. Select “apply update from sdcard” using the volume keys, then Power to initiate it.
11. Using the Volume keys, choose the file that you downloaded (above), press Power and let it load.
12. When the install is done, press Power and it'll reboot.
The whole process, from moving the file into the SD-EXT card to phone rebooted is about 10-20 minutes. Of that, 3 minutes will be the phone extracting the files (Step 11) and the rest for the install itself (Step 12). A long time to stare at your phone, I admit.
Wahhhhhhhhh. It's a phone, move on with your life.
fyi ICS is fantastic and I'm never going back
I'm on the 232 leak.. very fast... no bugs.. little laggy going into camera or quick launching camera or dialer from the lock screen and photos take a little long to load in quickpic or gallery but everything else works awesome
awesome things = 4 unlock options, notification pull down available from lock screen, quickest and best built in screen shot, quick! camera (slow open,fast pics) , faster bootup, smoother menus and launcher and app drawer, wifi and Bluetooth auto connect a lot quicker etc etc etc lol
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
One word of warning. If you go to .232 and that is NOT the OTA update (more likely it'll be .238) when the OTA update comes you won't get it. This is because Motorola/Verizon assumes you have .905. If you don't when they ping your phone (and your phone sends back the version you currently have) they move on.
Not to worry, there is a way go go back to .905 for the OTA update, but only if you have .232 or lower (there are several ICS leaks). .235 and .238 have a security code to prevent that. Even then it's possible to go forward for future updates.
Hey i have a question im on leak 232 i get random notification tones is it just a glitch in the leak? Also i have apps that were working fine then they just stopped working correctly I've uninstalled and reinstalled but they just don't work. Any ideas or answers how to fix these problems? Thanks for any help
Em, this thread is more about installing ICS, rather than any problems. I suggest you create a new thread. That way you might get more people to look at it (this thread title is about wanting ICS) and give you an answer.
Also you'll need to be more specific on your problems. What are the tones? What apps aren't working? Are you rooted?
Sorry to bother you I'll look for help else where have a great day!!!! Come on jelly bean!!!!
No bother at all, I just wanted you to have a better audience for your problem to be solved.
Separate names with a comma.