1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I wonder if they're waiting for ICS?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Scribble, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Any official word on the OTA?

Think maybe they decided screw it, lets just wait for ICS, and do that instead? :p
  2. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

nope... the OTA is still coming.
  3. tcayton49

tcayton49 New Member

I can't imagine them combining the OTA with ICS that is just asking for a world of hurt that no one wants to go through. I'm sure they are just testing it and will send it out as soon as they are satisfied that it works.
  4. Scribble

Scribble New Member

YEah but the issue is they indicated that ICS would be out within 6 weeks of the release... At this rate by the time they get the OTA out they'll be updating to ICS anyway.
  5. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Well then again... it probably just means the ICS update will be late too. :p
  6. scdown

scdown New Member

Don't count on it - the original tweet actually says that ICS devices will start arriving 6 weeks from the code drop - not that updates to existing devices would happen in that timeframe. Their follow up tweet said that they would definitely update the Bionic and RAZR, and that a list of other devices would follow within 6 weeks of the drop.

If someone can show me a tweet, blog post, or press release that has Motorola directly claiming that ICS will land on the Bionic in that time frame, I'll stand corrected.
  7. Speeding Wheels

they did not say they would release ICS updates 6 weeks after it was released.
    what they said was they would announce a timeline for device upgrades within 6 weeks of receiving ICS final code from Google.
  8. tcayton49

tcayton49 New Member

Moto posted a tweet and all the blog sites interpreted it that moto was saying their devices would get ICS within six weeks and the sites all ran with that, but it was clarified that what they meant was they would announce within six weeks the timeline for updating devices to ICS.
  9. Tillmorn

Tillmorn New Member

While Moto did clear up the waters, I'm still of the belief that we may have a speedier port for ICS than many are thinking. And yes, my belief does stem from Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility. I suppose I just have lofty dreams of Moto and Google working hand in hand, especially for the release of ICS on Moto devices. Granted, if that does hold out to be true, the xoom family will probably get ICS first since it should (in theory) be an easier transition from Honeycomb to ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  10. warnette

warnette New Member

What has moto done lately to lend credence to anything they claim?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  11. Ansa82

Ansa82 New Member

But how do you know? I have like 2-3 days left here on my 14 days (2nd bionic) and am starting to have same issues I had last time. Do I wait for rumored OTA or switch phones?? Grrr
  12. Speeding Wheels

do whatever you want.
    there is an OTA coming, and fairly soon.