I Think I Bricked my Phone!!!

jcrss13

Reaction score
i was recently trying to unroot my HTC by downgrading and ran the recovery, rebooted and now it wont turn on. LED light is on like it can charge but i cant boot into recovery or turn it on!!! Please HELP!!!!

aDroidman

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me!!!!!!!! I plugged it to charge let it sit all night (about 7 hours) and then I tried to turn it on and it booted up :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If the light is on, let it charge for half an hour to an hour minimum, then try turning it on again.

Question -- did you use the AMOLED downgrade or the downgrade for the newer screen? Either way, did you follow the proper procedure for your phone's screen? :)

OP
J

jcrss13

Reaction score
ive let it charge and when i try and turn it on the LED turns off it vibrates once and does nothing.... bricked? also i dont think i used the right downgrade because i think i have the ned lcd screen and i might have used an amoled downgrade....

OP
J

jcrss13

Reaction score
i know the verizon warranty is void once rooted but is there a way i can get around that? I have insurance on it but will they give me a new one? I was downgrading to unroot and install the new update but i bricked before i got there....

OP
J

jcrss13

Reaction score
total equipment coverage.... im thinkin about dropping it in water so they dont know i rooted it... water damage is definitely covered

tigerdango

Reaction score
Lmao. Could work. Just be careful, you wouldn't want to shoot yourself in the foot. ;) I got my INC from Best Buy and get their Black Tie protection thing from Geek Squad. I usually cannot stand Geek Squad or Best Buy in general, but if they will replace my whole phone if something happens to it...All the better for me. But anyway, keep us updated what happens!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do a battery pull. Insurance fraud is illegal -- no intentional dropping in water. However, the insurance company doesn't give a crap about root, just your $90 co-pay. If it's not working it's not working. Get what I'm saying here? :)

Big Fate

Reaction score
First off theres no way to prove you dropped your phone in water on purpose inless you come on a forum writing in form what you're gonna do, bascially telling on yourself in which you just did.

This here folks is another reason why you should not ROOT your own phone inless you really know what your doing... Your phones bricked

coskier

Reaction score
If you have the Verizon insurance (Asurion), you can just tell them it fell off your car while driving or something and you lost it. That has happened to me before and I got a replacement.