I never got the update to 2.2?

cccmhhh

Reaction score
How do I get it? When I go to settings, about phone,system updates, all I get is "Check for update was not availabil at this time. Try again later"
What next?

pointzero1

Reaction score
Wait for gingerbread.

I have 2.1, never got the update, but i dont really want/need to update to 2.2, especially with all the problems i hear from people who did update.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea you only read about the problems. no one gets on here and is like "i got 2.2 and have no problems" (actually, there was a thread on that)

but yea, id check it out on wifi, maybe battery pull, and if u really want it, do a factory reset..

barski

Reaction score
I would highly recommend getting 2.2. The flash and smoothness is nice.
Like Abe21599 said few people are going to come out here and start a thread saying they have 2.2 and no problems.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Yeah, not one single issue here. I had to force my phone into the upgrade. I thought I read somewhere if you start the DX holding the...oh crap, is it the menu select button, it will load into 'safe mode'. From there, I went to the "about phone" in settings and asked for the update. I got the "try again later" thing. So, I reset the phone and let it boot up normal...went back to the update tab...and there it was.

mwm523

Reaction score
How do I get it? When I go to settings, about phone,system updates, all I get is "Check for update was not availabil at this time. Try again later"
What next?

Settings->Data manager->Data Delivery->Social Applications

UNCHECK "Sync over WiFi only"

Then your update checker should work.

OP
C

cccmhhh

Reaction score
That worked

Well now I have the update and will have to spin the wheel of luck and find out the real truth of 2.2. Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well now I have the update and will have to spin the wheel of luck and find out the real truth of 2.2. Thanks

please explain what worked for u so others can see :)

OP
C

cccmhhh

Reaction score
This move

What next?

Settings->Data manager->Data Delivery->Social Applications

UNCHECK "Sync over WiFi only"

Then your update checker should work.

THis got me the update