Hidden app keeps giving update notifications

dbronstein

Reaction score
This is on a moto droid. Every time I get an update notification, it is always for one more than there are actual updates. So if it says 4 updates availabile, when I go to download them, there are only three apps showing with updates available. And sometimes the notice says 1 update, and there aren't any apps showing as having updates available.

As best I can figure, there is an app somewhere on my phone that isn't on my downloads list for some reason. Or maybe there's an app that I uninstalled but is still checking ofr upates somehow.

Does anyone know how I can figure out what's going on and fix this?

Thanks.

wmollock

Reaction score
I have the same thing on mine and found out that my visual voicemail was not in the top of the list any more every time I checked for updates. I use google voice and pre 2.1 it used to annoy me telling me it needed to be updated, now if I look at the app on the market place it still tells me it needs to be updated, but does not populate the app on the downloaded apps list. Not sure if its a bug but im happy that it stopped showing up either easy. May not be the same thing for you but that is what I noticed on mine

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but that's not it. I've scrolled through the list a bunch of times to see if there is something lower down with an update available and there never is anything.

The one thing I'm thinking is that I have two apps that I paid for and then uninstalled, but they still show as "purchased" in the downloads list. Could it be one of them?

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I tried reinstalling the purchased apps and it's not either of them. I still get the extra update notfications and neither of them have updates.

My theory is that there is some kind of internal list that it uses to check for updates, and when I uninistalled some app it wasn't removed from that list. Does anyone know how to figure this out?

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I finally figured it out. I had an app installed (hyperspace lite) that is no longer in the market. I uninstalled it because it said it couldn't run unless I updated it, and I can't update it since it's not in the market. Now my update notifications are correct again.