I missed OTA... how do I go from 1.5 to 2.1?

tstone123

Reaction score
Sorry for asking such a basic question... I've had my HTC Eris for a while, but somehow missed the OTA to upgrade it from 1.5 to 2.1. So how do I do this at this point? Calling Verizon Wireless support was not helpful -- they made it sound like this wasn't available yet, which I'm 99% sure is not correct.

Where do I go to update my phone to 2.1?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easiest way will be to hit menu, settings, about phone, check for updates. Let us know if that works, if not we'll have to walk you through manually updating.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T

tstone123

Reaction score
Reset to factory... waiting for OTA or perhaps will do manual?

I should have said... yes, I tried that and it claimed I my software was current. But clearly it isn't, since it is still on system 1.5.

As I wouldn't lose much (only had downloaded a couple of apps so far), I've reset to factory defaults, hoping that would trigger a new OTA in the next 24 hours or so. Nothing so far... so waiting.

I also found these steps online for manually going to 2.1... is this accurate? Is there some other process I should follow if nothing comes to me OTA?

[UPDATE] How to Manually Update Your Droid Eris to Android 2.1 | Android Phone Fans

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
hmm, never heard an issue when missing the OTA that you couldnt update. Id do a system restore and try wiping your phone then rebooting it. Either that or go Froyo and get 2.2 which is WAY better than 2.1. Its almost like a whole new phone (without the new phone look)