Rooting the eris after OTA 2.1?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by jhart15063, Jun 20, 2010.

1. jhart15063

jhart15063 New Member

Okay, I did some searches and haven't found anything solid to rooting a Droid Eris after getting the OTA 2.1 update.

1.Is it possible and if so how do i root it?
    2. How do i get a custom rom on it after?
    3. Can all you root users tell me what ROMs you're running and what you think of them?

videos / links will help too.
    thanks,
    Jhart15063
  2. icebluemale30

icebluemale30 New Member

you have to go to the droid eris forum and look up how to go from 2.1 eris to 1.5 and then get a 2.1 rooted rom and install it go to http://theunlockr.com/ and look it up good luck.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. mrhousto

mrhousto New Member

I've had my Eris for about a week now. It was shipped with cupcake(1.5) software. I went into the settings and checked for updates and eclair(2.1) was available for download. So I proceeded with the download and updated to eclair. I'm coming from a rooted T-mobile G1, so I'm familiar with rooting and flashing ROMs. I went on XDA and found out some info on rooting the Eris. Then I went to theunlockr(dot)com and followed the steps on rooting my phone. This was AFTER I had installed the OTA update. I now have a rooted Eris running the Evil Eris v3.0 ROM!!! :icon_ banana:

I'm NOT telling you to do what I did. I'm just letting you know what I did and how it turned out. Rooting and flashing ROMs always have risks, so if you're not willing to take the risk, DON'T do it!!
Search tags for this page
eris root 2.1
how do i root my droid eris 2.1

root eris 2.1 ota