Rooting the eris after OTA 2.1?

jhart15063

Reaction score
Okay, I did some searches and haven't found anything solid to rooting a Droid Eris after getting the OTA 2.1 update.

1.Is it possible and if so how do i root it?
2. How do i get a custom rom on it after?
3. Can all you root users tell me what ROMs you're running and what you think of them?

videos / links will help too.
thanks,
Jhart15063

mrhousto

Reaction score
Okay, I did some searches and haven't found anything solid to rooting a Droid Eris after getting the OTA 2.1 update.

1.Is it possible and if so how do i root it?
2. How do i get a custom rom on it after?
3. Can all you root users tell me what ROMs you're running and what you think of them?

videos / links will help too.
thanks,
Jhart15063

I've had my Eris for about a week now. It was shipped with cupcake(1.5) software. I went into the settings and checked for updates and eclair(2.1) was available for download. So I proceeded with the download and updated to eclair. I'm coming from a rooted T-mobile G1, so I'm familiar with rooting and flashing ROMs. I went on XDA and found out some info on rooting the Eris. Then I went to theunlockr(dot)com and followed the steps on rooting my phone. This was AFTER I had installed the OTA update. I now have a rooted Eris running the Evil Eris v3.0 ROM!!! :icon_ banana:

I'm NOT telling you to do what I did. I'm just letting you know what I did and how it turned out. Rooting and flashing ROMs always have risks, so if you're not willing to take the risk, DON'T do it!!