n00b help PLEASE

Archerjostle

Reaction score
I have used the search feature and i have some info on my topics but im soooo confused...

1st. Is FLASH available on the Eris Droid? If so how do i get it? If not do we know when the update will be avail

2nd. What is this "root" thing i keep reading about?? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...cial-droid-eris-root-here-finally-thread.html

So confusing to me

3rd. How do i know what system i have between 1.5 and 2.1? I guess are the two options...thanks in advance and im sorry if i sound naive

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
1. No

2. Root gives your phone access to core system files allowing you to have things like wifi tethering, ad blocking, command line.

3. 1.5 is the only thing your phone has unless you rooted and installed 2.1 yourself.

OP
A

Archerjostle

Reaction score
1. No

2. Root gives your phone access to core system files allowing you to have things like wifi tethering, ad blocking, command line.

3. 1.5 is the only thing your phone has unless you rooted and installed 2.1 yourself.

Thanks a bunch!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing I'd clarify to what wyzzerdd's post is that rooting does unlock your phone giving you read/write privileges to as deep as your "root" directory but just rooting does not automatically give you those perks he mentioned. You have to do much more to have these tools usable.

There's been other threads with this confusion, so I just wanted to clarify.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
There is flash I was mistaken, for some reason I confused gifs with flash lol.