I might have to eat some crow (Apple flavored)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
frontpanels1-800x600.jpg

Last week I saw a rumored iPhone that had the fingerprint on the back copying the Nexus/Pixel look. But Apple may indeed have something for us in the realm of a fingerprint scanner under the glass. If this turns out to be the case, bravo to Apple.

Source: First Alleged iPhone 8 Part Leaks Surface

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll have to state that this is still in the rumor category as we have not heard anything from Apple.

But if Apple beat Samsung to the punch and get out an under glass fingerprint scanner first will that change the landscape for fall sales between the iPhone and the note 8?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'll have to state that this is still in the rumor category as we have not heard anything from Apple.

But if Apple beat Samsung to the punch and get out an under glass fingerprint scanner first will that change the landscape for fall sales between the iPhone and the note 8?

naw, apple users will still buy apple and note users will still buy notes. might be a few crossovers but not enough to worry about. besides, the last i heard, apple is having a lot of issues with their under the glass fingerprint scan.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
naw, apple users will still buy apple and note users will still buy notes. might be a few crossovers but not enough to worry about. besides, the last i heard, apple is having a lot of issues with their under the glass fingerprint scan.
To give Apple a little credit, they wouldn't release it unless they know they can get it figured out plus they still have 2.5 months.

Outside of the hardcore that are set on what side they are on, there are still a lot of people who can be swayed and those are the numbers each are looking to capitalize on.

But for the most part you are right in that a lot of people already have their minds made up in which way they are going.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, we've had a few crossovers here on DF. The traitors! Just joking . Those that have moved to Apple love their iPhones. I'm diehard Android. Everytime I touch iPhone, I hate it. Granted, I'm not used to its UI but I will always love the customization of Android.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, we've had a few crossovers here on DF. The traitors! Just joking . Those that have moved to Apple love their iPhones. I'm diehard Android. Everytime I touch iPhone, I hate it. Granted, I'm not used to its UI but I will always love the customization of Android.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I try and learn it because I my grandmother and parents use it and they come to me for questions at times. But I prefer android.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will always be an Android guy, but I will always envy the smooth operation of iOS. It's getting there, but I still have issues with my 6P with lag and freezing. Yes iOS has issues too but overall it's a much smoother operation. More and more I'm drawn to see what the other side is like...but I can't make the move quite yet.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx

I crossed over from a Note to Apple

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caesars

Reaction score
If it ends up being a high res OLED - I'm not sure if I'd ever use anything else again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Outside of the hardcore that are set on what side they are on, there are still a lot of people who can be swayed and those are the numbers each are looking to capitalize on.
While I agree with you there is a small group that have no allegiance... You really think a fingerprint reader under or in the screen will be that killer app? I'd bet based on that feature alone exactly... no one... switches brands.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score