i lost my charger please help

hartman11

Reaction score
I need a site that has a charger that came with the phone. I have misplaced mine and I can not find a site that I can buy the same charger/usb that came with my phone.

droidman101

Reaction score
I need a site that has a charger that came with the phone. I have misplaced mine and I can not find a site that I can buy the same charger/usb that came with my phone.

Just bring it in to verizon, you can buy it directly from them. It might be more expensive than other places, but it'll save you tons of time.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
any usb to MICRO usb (as opposed to mini usb) cable will work. you can get them at wal-mart and radio shack

OP
H

hartman11

Reaction score
yes i looked at verizonwireless.com but the dont have the 1 they came with cause it was really small and cool

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
yes i looked at verizonwireless.com but the don't have the 1 they came with cause it was really small and cool
go to EBay, for a couple of dollars you will find what you need. it does not have to be an HTC usb charging cable, any micro USB charging cable with adapter will do, I got a set of charging adapters for the car lighter and outlet adapter with separate USB charging cable for $3, and they work just fine. Do not forget, the accessory department is where Verizon or any other OEM makes most of their money from, it's like buying that extended warranty which most people never really use, did you know that a pair of Monster HDMI cable only cost BB $3 and they sell them for $100, now go to www.monoprice.com and you can get quality HDMI cables for $4-$5, all my HDTVs use monoprice HDMI cables and they work just fine, all a cable does is transfer electrodes to the device, that's all.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
yes i looked at verizonwireless.com but the dont have the 1 they came with cause it was really small and cool

No try going into an actual Verizon corporate store. A lot of things they sell are not listed online for some reason.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may be a bit of overkill, but if you don't have the Multimedia Dock, they come with the original charger and cable.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This may be a bit of overkill, but if you don't have the Multimedia Dock, they come with the original charger and cable.

Hes talking about for the HTC Incredible not the Motorola Droid. The multimedia dock is Droid exclusive and comes with an OEM Motorola Charger and Sync cable but he wants the OEM HTC Charger and Sync cable.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hes talking about for the HTC Incredible not the Motorola Droid. The multimedia dock is Droid exclusive and comes with an OEM Motorola Charger and Sync cable but he wants the OEM HTC Charger and Sync cable.

Yeah, my bad. I look at this site using the New Posts, but sometimes ignore the section they were posted.

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Yeah, my bad. I look at this site using the New Posts, but sometimes ignore the section they were posted.

LOL no problems. I have done it before lol.

yojay

Reaction score
yes i looked at verizonwireless.com but the don't have the 1 they came with cause it was really small and cool
go to EBay, for a couple of dollars you will find what you need. it does not have to be an HTC usb charging cable, any micro USB charging cable with adapter will do,....

I'm going to say this is not entirely true. I've tried two different cables since I lost my OEM cable and neither of them works correctly. One is so so cheap it keeps the phone in a constant state of charging/no charging since it doesn't have enough wiring to keep up the charge. Others can be for charging only and won't transfer data (pins 1,5 for power, 2-4 for data I think).

Basically, not all micro-USB cales are created equal even if Amazon sellers plaster "Droid Incredible compatible" in the title. Read the 1-star reviews here:

Amazon.com: USB Data Charge Sync Cable for HTC Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Accessories

I am looking for an OEM cable as well, so it seems I'll be stopping by my Verizon store for a look. 5 bad cables at $3 each or one good one for $20 (?)..it's a trade off.

ruqayya27

Reaction score
Do a Google search with this: HTC Incredible + accessories. There are several online retailers that sell data cables & adapter plugs. If ur in a hurry u can also check out Best Buys or those cell accessory stands in the mall.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

SwampDog35

Reaction score
Quick questions. I purchased a charging cable for my Captivate and have since switched to the Incredible. However I purchased an addtional cable for the Cap but have since return the phone. Any chance that the New Samsung cable will work with my droid.....I don't want to try it without someone else's advice. I'd hate for anything to go wrong. The Cable looks the same. Thanks in advance for your time.