1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

USB car charger- does it charge while GPS?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Accessories' started by funkpod, Jul 21, 2010.

1. funkpod

funkpod New Member

Hello, I want to buy this charger and then I can plug a USB cable into the charger and into the INcredible.

Amazon.com: Scosche Dual USB Car Charger: Cell Phones & Service

DOes it charge WHILE I use the GPS/other phone functions? Is it powerful enough to use for both? or will it only charge?

If not, what do you recommend?

THanks!
  2. schoon

schoon New Member

I just got back from a trip and was using the cigarette lighter usb charger while simultaneously using the GPS and Google Maps, the phone kept a charge so it should be good for you too.
  3. funkpod

funkpod New Member

thanks, what brand were you using?
  4. TwinChargedDroid

TwinChargedDroid New Member

just go to verizon or go online and buy the verizon one. it works great... i charge my phone and bluetooth headset at the same time even with gps, music and texting...
  5. atthehop

atthehop New Member

Picked up one at the 5& below store. Works fine.
  6. funkpod

funkpod New Member

the charger i picked up seems to work. i do also see verizon's, my mother-in-law (who just bought an Incredible... i've been coaching her ;) ) bought one. i tested that, and it worked too. Hmm... i wonder if there's a way to compare the two.

is there a battery charging test app that indicates like, how much electricity is going through? i want to test one versus the other, see which is faster.