I Just Lost My Texting History

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
I'm stunned right now because I have no idea what happened, but I lost the entire history of my texts since the Droid launch. The only two things I've done today that may have had an impact on this are;

1. Using ASTRO to backup all my programs
2. Installed S2 Calendar

I didn't go into texting until just a few min ago so I don't remember any of these things breaking it. Also, I'm now NOT getting service when I once had it. I've restarted my phone and nothing has changed. I can't even send a text if I wanted to, they all get bounced back to me.

Does anyone know if my history is gone forever? or where it sits on my SD card?

and

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening before?

I'm pretty upset about it.

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Mobile network state: Disconnected.... how do i CONNECT it?

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Okay... I didn't pay my bill, which is the reason for the network disconnect. But that doesn't explain why my contacts are gone. I just paid the balance and my texting history is still gone.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon takes away your contacts and text message history if you don't pay them on time. :icon_ devil:

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Verizon takes away your contacts and text message history if you don't pay them on time. :icon_ devil:

Well that seems to be an awfully big coincidence. I still have all my contacts, just no history.

darreno1

Reaction score
Okay... I didn't pay my bill, which is the reason for the network disconnect. But that doesn't explain why my contacts are gone. I just paid the balance and my texting history is still gone.

Sorry man, but I had to lol at that.

There is another thread about similar issues (deleted message threads) and it seemed that many of the people with these weird problems were killing tasks using ATK or similar programs. If you are killing background tasks regularly in the quest for better battery life you could inadvertently kill a needed process which can cause havok.

OP
D

Dukefrukem

Reaction score

Sorry man, but I had to lol at that.

There is another thread about similar issues (deleted message threads) and it seemed that many of the people with these weird problems were killing tasks using ATK or similar programs. If you are killing background tasks regularly in the quest for better battery life you could inadvertently kill a needed process which can cause havok.

I'm not much of a task killer. I have done it in the past, but rarely. And it's usually programs like; sports tap or cooperate calendar (which i dont even use and don't know why it's constantly running)