Lost text message history

demobrain

Reaction score
I just noticed this morning that all my text message history is gone. I checked my settings and it is still set to not delete old messages. I have plenty of space on the phone and my card. The only things that I have done lately that I am suspicious of are installing "Notes" by Yuli and "OneBusAway" by Joulespersecond.com. I have also recently updated "Solitaire Free Pack" and "Arity calculator" among others. My email history is fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Why did this happen?
How do I recover my old messages?
How do I prevent it from happening again?

TekHawk

Reaction score
this has been a long standing issue with the Droid and I guess it seems to really be an issue with the Android OS just have not heard of it happening on other phones before it is rather random but I believe due to the database the text are in getting corrupted as far as I know it cannot be recovered

there are apps on the market to say text to your gmail account

baseballer481

Reaction score
discovery

I dont know if many people know it, but on the droid 2 global, you are able to go to the contacts widget/app, and if you scroll to the left it should give you a history.. this includes all text messages, and phone calls.. i dont know if they will come up or not when clicked.. but im sure someone on here can figure out a way to do so..

I just noticed this morning that all my text message history is gone. I checked my settings and it is still set to not delete old messages. I have plenty of space on the phone and my card. The only things that I have done lately that I am suspicious of are installing "Notes" by Yuli and "OneBusAway" by Joulespersecond.com. I have also recently updated "Solitaire Free Pack" and "Arity calculator" among others. My email history is fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Why did this happen?
How do I recover my old messages?
How do I prevent it from happening again?

niklas24

Reaction score
this keeps happening to my phone as well. I also am not low on memory and every so often my phone spontaneously deletes all of my text messages. So this is a problem w/ the OS?? because I am really getting fed up w/ this phone.

I never had any problems w/ my BB and in addition to my text message problem, I've had to buy an extended life battery b/c the charge wouldn't even hold for a day on the standard one that came w/ it (even though I turned all of the life sucking settings and apps off), which caused the case I had covering the entire phone (to protect it if I dropped it) not to fit and there is no case that fits completely over the phone w/ the bigger battery. I dropped the phone a few weeks ago and the glass shattered, which I just had to replace, but I never bought the insurance for any of my phones b/c they were fully protected from anything and whenever I upgraded the sales reps always said how my phones look brand new. I can't wait until my contract is up so I can get rid of this crappy phone!!

GMB1791

Reaction score
Nfw

Son of a...! I've had this phone for probably 3 years or more, and this is the first time this has happened to me. I'd never heard of it. It kind of seems like a big bug. If anyone knows or has heard of a way to recover those messages, let me know. This is really a problem because there was stuff in there I really didn't want to lose. That's why I never deleted any of it. Gah! Who can I choke for this? I feel like I want to get my hands around someone's neck.

S

SFGate

Son of a...! I've had this phone for probably 3 years or more, and this is the first time this has happened to me. I'd never heard of it. It kind of seems like a big bug. If anyone knows or has heard of a way to recover those messages, let me know. This is really a problem because there was stuff in there I really didn't want to lose. That's why I never deleted any of it. Gah! Who can I choke for this? I feel like I want to get my hands around someone's neck.

I felt the same way when the one and only text I wanted and needed was found to be gone, when other, non-important texts around it, were still on the phone. Really can not understand the selective deletion of that one text if it did not somehow happen at the carrier.